#1 Oakland @ #1 Maryville

GoPats2019

To put a player in motion, all 11 players must be set. After all 11 players are set, one player may go in motion parallel or back from the line of scrimmage. If the motion player starts before all 11 players are set, it is an illegal shift or motion penalty. So what part of the 11 players was he not! Like I said he never got set and the rule states all players must be set. So I guess he was not a player!!!! LOL

3 minutes ago, BullyDog said:

To put a player in motion, all 11 players must be set. After all 11 players are set, one player may go in motion parallel or back from the line of scrimmage. If the motion player starts before all 11 players are set, it is an illegal shift or motion penalty. So what part of the 11 players was he not! Like I said he never got set and the rule states all players must be set. So I guess he was not a player!!!! LOL

He was set...look at the dad gum picture......Sour grape wine, sucks, sir.

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Just want to say for a long time I've had going to a game at Maryville on my bucket list and you guys sure don't dissapoint. What a remarkable place to watch a football game as well as a great game to boot. You guys truly have a program everybody should want to emulate on and off the field. I sure wish Oakland had support like Maryville does.

As for the game, I'll gladly retract what I said about Hopkins, he earned his keep and then some, especially carrying the football. Oakland popped him pretty good a couple of times.

Growing up on Oakland football in the mid 90s didn't see a bunch of success early on, but one of the things I learned from my old man is to be a man and win/lose with class. Blaming the officiating is a cop out. Was it bad? At times it was, but it was bad on both sides. Like Barney said, Oakland put themselves in that position by not executing at the end of the first half/beginning of 2nd half.

With that being, I'm proud as heck of my alma mater for showing some fight especially early in the 2nd half when the game nearly got away from them. What Oakland accomplished this year is amazing given what they had to replace. 

Look forward to seeing you guys again in Week 2

100% MTF. Its a cool place to play when there is a crowd like last night. That rarely happens except in state semi's and alcoa week, but it is special. #1 for murvil lost the monkey last night-good for him. Refs always suck for half the crowd on every call. It's part of the game. I still cant believe a flag wasnt thrown on the fg. I was really impressed by okelund. I thought murvil would beat them by 3-4 scores and was completely wrong. They are a great team and well coached. I think murvil was lucky to win last night, but it still counts. Congrats to okelund on a great season.

I've got to mention #3 for murvil-WOW! Because of him and all the LA kids on the team, murvil gets another shot at a state title.

3 minutes ago, strongx said:

100% MTF. Its a cool place to play when there is a crowd like last night. That rarely happens except in state semi's and alcoa week, but it is special. #1 for murvil lost the monkey last night-good for him. Refs always suck for half the crowd on every call. It's part of the game. I still cant believe a flag wasnt thrown on the fg. I was really impressed by okelund. I thought murvil would beat them by 3-4 scores and was completely wrong. They are a great team and well coached. I think murvil was lucky to win last night, but it still counts. Congrats to okelund on a great season.

I've got to mention #3 for murvil-WOW! Because of him and all the LA kids on the team, murvil gets another shot at a state title.

I told #3 last night that I’ve seen a lot of football played at 825 Lawrence in my 48 years. And I believe he has the best set of hands I’ve ever seen on that field. 

15 minutes ago, BullyDog said:

I had seen reference to several officials, including officials from Middle Tennessee, who have said it was the proper call. 

Have some Monterey Jack with your whine.