#1 Oakland @ #1 Maryville

GoPats2019

30 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Calling Oakland a Wing-T team is painting them with a bit of a broad brush don't ya think? They run much more than just the Wing-T. If they don't win it all next year with 20 returning starters, then you might be right

I have been right since I joined the T and since 1969.  

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

I have been right since I joined the T and since 1969.  

I am not saying that you're wrong I'm just saying that Oakland is not a true Wing T offense. Oakland run some I formation some spread, they are more than just the wing-t. All I know is that the offense is not the reason why Oakland lost tonight they ran up against a darn good offense

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

I am not saying that you're wrong I'm just saying that Oakland is not a true Wing T offense. Oakland run some I formation some spread, they are more than just the wing-t. All I know is that the offense is not the reason why Oakland lost tonight they ran up against a darn good offense

You have seen them far more than myself. Only game I watched on TV they ran a lot of wing-T.  Maryville is very good and play very sound football.  Oakland and Creasy are very good too.  Having that many returning they should be considered the early favorite.  

What #11 was doing on the field goal didn't look good, but technically since he was an eligible player motion by him is not a false start.  As long as he wasn't moving forward it's not a false start, just has to be set on the snap.  With as many holds and false starts that the refs missed I don't want to hear it about that play.

4 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

What #11 was doing on the field goal didn't look good, but technically since he was an eligible player motion by him is not a false start.  As long as he wasn't moving forward it's not a false start, just has to be set on the snap.  With as many holds and false starts that the refs missed I don't want to hear it about that play.

:thumb:

Poor ole Maryville. They just won't ever get much respect on winning on Friday night's due to the refs. Guess it has nothing to do with having the best QB in Tennessee for this game, Oakland making bad play calling every now and then. 1st half was more of a Hopkins half. He just showed off in that half. 

I don't know, but if it was me, knowing I had a kicker that is deadly accurate by a mile on FG, I would have kicked a FG before the half ran out. A lot of shoulda, coulda and wouldas in this game. Maryville was just the better team tonight. Probably would have been in week 2 if all starters would have been playing.