COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS UNION CITY CLASS 2A SEMIFINALS

BulldawgsRise

3 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

Proud of Union City this season...After that mess against Mayfield (who by the way will play for a state title as well) and Adamsville and all the points being scored on our defense this season who would've thought we'd be here ?...Defense stepped up tonight big time...Played physical and didn't give up many yards after contact...One more game boys !!!...Dominating performance...

We really didn’t play well against teams named Cardinals this season. I really didn’t know what to expect from this season but am proud of our guys for fighting back after that opening night disaster and getting all the way to this point. Good luck Tornadoes bring home the gold.

25 minutes ago, toinemac said:

We really didn’t play well against teams named Cardinals this season. I really didn’t know what to expect from this season but am proud of our guys for fighting back after that opening night disaster and getting all the way to this point. Good luck Tornadoes bring home the gold.

Good thing Tyner is the Rams...:D

I just want to start off by saying congrats to Union City. Easily the best team I’ve seen these bulldogs play, not just this year, but for as long as I can remember. I wish I could sit here and use an excuse to why we lost, but the truth is we just got straight up out played by a much better team. UC should most definitely win gold next week. 

I am proud of our team. Many doubted they would even have a winning record this year, but they had other plans in mind. They didn’t make it this far by luck, but by being a great team. Unfortunately not every team can be the best, and sometimes other teams stand high above even the great teams. It was evident tonight after the second touchdown that our boys had already lost hope. We saw a spark from them in the second half on their first drive when they almost scored, and then again on the drive they did score. But we had no answer defensively. The way they ran the ball was like nothing I had ever seen before. So effortless almost. They broke their tacklers and ran their feet and didn’t want to go down at all. 

Again congrats to UC! 

• Like 1

Congratulations to UC.  Boy, they brought it tonight.  5-6 yards every play up the middle it seemed like.  We had a few stops for loss or no gain , but overall, UC dominated the line.  The guys in trenches won it tonight for them..  They came in saying you know what we are going to do, now stop us.  

Good luck as you move forward next week. 

51 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

I just want to start off by saying congrats to Union City. Easily the best team I’ve seen these bulldogs play, not just this year, but for as long as I can remember. I wish I could sit here and use an excuse to why we lost, but the truth is we just got straight up out played by a much better team. UC should most definitely win gold next week. 

I am proud of our team. Many doubted they would even have a winning record this year, but they had other plans in mind. They didn’t make it this far by luck, but by being a great team. Unfortunately not every team can be the best, and sometimes other teams stand high above even the great teams. It was evident tonight after the second touchdown that our boys had already lost hope. We saw a spark from them in the second half on their first drive when they almost scored, and then again on the drive they did score. But we had no answer defensively. The way they ran the ball was like nothing I had ever seen before. So effortless almost. They broke their tacklers and ran their feet and didn’t want to go down at all. 

Again congrats to UC! 

That's a very complimentary post.  Your campus and facilities are very nice and your team displayed good sportsmanship. 

UC played well tonight.  Not sure that we had any penalties on offense.  The 3rd quarter was impressive.  CA gets the opening kickoff and drives to the one yard line and stalls.  UC uses the remainder of the quarter to drive the field and still runs a couple of plays in the 4th quarter on the same drive.  You don't often get to see both teams only have one possession each in one quarter.  Our two pass plays also worked out well.