3A Semi-Final - Covington @ Pearl-Cohn

CHARGERFAN

6 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Since you want to come on our post and stir up a bunch of stuff I handle it for you. The numbers fluctuate from each year. It said 31 players but it was more like 15 max 9-12. Out of that 15 3 started. Our Mr Football finalist is a PC kid he is our best player. This year starting on offense and Defense we again only have 3 MLK kids starting + the kicker. Alot of the kids who come out from MLK dont even play alot. Its a problem these past few years we really been winning but when we was only winning 3 games with the same MLK kids everything was cool.

9zm3ie.jpg

48 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I just wonder how many others in the state of Tennessee actually knew about the Cooperative Agreement??? I’m guessing not too many outside the Nashville area...

Just to name a few,Camden,East Nashville,Startford,Glencliff,Hillwood,JacksonNorthside,Memphis east,spring hill, station camp...You want me to keep going?

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Right lol. They gotta find something to talk about. How many players they done stole from other school over the years!

Alcoa get players from around the county because it is an open zone school. BUT ,even with these players, Alcoa enrollment is STILL one of the smallest schools.

Pearl-Cohn can "steal" an entire school of almost 1000 students to cherry pick players from. AND, it does NOT apply to their enrollment numbers.

BIG BIG difference! Totally cheating the system!

Just now, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa get players from around the county because it is an open zone school. BUT ,even with these players, Alcoa enrollment is STILL one of the smallest schools.

Pearl-Cohn can "steal" an entire school of almost 1000 students to cherry pick players from. AND, it does NOT apply to their enrollment numbers.

BIG BIG difference! Totally cheating the system!

Most of Metro is open enrollment

13 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Since you want to come on our post and stir up a bunch of stuff I handle it for you. The numbers fluctuate from each year. It said 31 players but it was more like 15 max 9-12. Out of that 15 3 started. Our Mr Football finalist is a PC kid he is our best player. This year starting on offense and Defense we again only have 3 MLK kids starting + the kicker. Alot of the kids who come out from MLK dont even play alot. Its a problem these past few years we really been winning but when we was only winning 3 games with the same MLK kids everything was cool. We are not the only coop school in TN or Metro Nashville. Read more before you comment

So the article says 31 and you say 15??  Someone isn't telling the truth. 

5 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Just to name a few,Camden,East Nashville,Startford,Glencliff,Hillwood,JacksonNorthside,Memphis east,spring hill, station camp...You want me to keep going?

Please keep going....:lol:

Alcoa is very accustomed to playing schools that pull from 1500 or more students, so it’s not a huge issue. However, I can’t say the same for Covington. 

Charger fan, you want to chime in???

Edited by Throwdeslant

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the article says 31 and you say 15??  Someone isn't telling the truth. 

I'm not a coach but from what I understand when they come out in the summer time you have to put their names down for eligibility purposes but once practice really starts in the season get going they start weeding out. Like this year we only have 8 MLK kids. 8 on the whole team. There's 120 Co-op teams in Tennessee. What' the probelm?

Edited by FBfan26

1 minute ago, FBfan26 said:

I'm not a coach but from what I understand when they come out in the summer time you have to put their names down for eligibility purposes but once practice really starts in the season get going they start weeding out. Like this year we only have 8 MLK kids. 8 on the whole team

A minute ago you said 15. Now it's 8??

1 minute ago, FBfan26 said:

Most of Metro is open enrollment

Open enrollment schools have to count the tuition students against their total enrollment. This system allow players to come play football without count against the enrollment numbers. 

Terrible.

MLK in Memphis plays football.....why can't MLK in Nashville? Sad! Why do they have to do without?