OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

18 minutes ago, catswild said:

OR will be 2-2 at best after the first four games just like last year...BUT if they lose to HVA, it will be 1-3. Why, why, WHY does Gaddis FRONT LOAD the schedule with teams like HVA, DB, and Farragut??????????????????????

That is NOT a smart philosophy Gaddis! You need to wise up Gaddis! I will NEVER understand that line of thinking!!!!!!!

Will SOMEONE please explain this to me?

No, someone CANNOT explain this to me because it's INEXPLICABLE!!!!!!!

FRUSTRATED.......

He could play Maryville week 2. We’d love to pick y’all up and drop Oakland. 

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

He could play Maryville week 2. We’d love to pick y’all up and drop Oakland. 

Would that not be like, "Oh yes, I would like to shoot myself in the foot!".  There is no reason OR cannot beat the teams on their schedule already.  Right now they are 0 and 0.  Now for them to start a 10-0 regular season.

2 hours ago, catswild said:

OR will be 2-2 at best after the first four games just like last year...BUT if they lose to HVA, it will be 1-3. Why, why, WHY does Gaddis FRONT LOAD the schedule with teams like HVA, DB, and Farragut??????????????????????

That is NOT a smart philosophy Gaddis! You need to wise up Gaddis! I will NEVER understand that line of thinking!!!!!!!

FRUSTRATED.......

All four games are very winnable. The first game is HVA who went 5-5 last year. The second is DB who went through a coaching change last year after carefully interviewing a bunch of great coaches with winning records only to find out the right man had been under their nose all the time. The only thing their worried about up there is the band. DB is more proud of the kids that blow to get into a ballgames free then laying the lumber to someone. Then the toughest might be Campbell County because the twins are very good coaches but this might be the best game. Farragut lost some good players last year and turned out they were more hot air in the end then when they started. HVA beat them on TV and two weeks later Maryville turned them every which way but lose.

3 hours ago, catswild said:

FRUSTRATED.......

Because you dont get better by scheduling crappy competition, just ask Mt. Juliet. Your region record determines your playoff seeding so I don't know why your getting worked up about it. Those 4 games are all winnable for OR, nothing like the gauntlet that Maryville plays

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Because you dont get better by scheduling crappy competition, just ask Mt. Juliet. Your region record determines your playoff seeding so I don't know why your getting worked up about it. Those 4 games are all winnable for OR, nothing like the gauntlet that Maryville plays

I have to agree with this guy.Tough games early prepare you for hard games later.Just have to stay healthy.

13 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Would that not be like, "Oh yes, I would like to shoot myself in the foot!".  There is no reason OR cannot beat the teams on their schedule already.  Right now they are 0 and 0.  Now for them to start a 10-0 regular season.

I can list several reasons why 10-0 won't happen.

1) The lack of size on both lines

2) The lack of experience on both lines

3) Read #1

4) Read #2

The first five games include four team (probably five) who are MUCH bigger than us up front. When it comes to linemen, size matters. I didn't see our fast backs run for many yards Friday...does anyone wonder why?

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Don't compare us with Maryville. They have as many linemen as we have players on the team (at least they did during warm ups). I try to tell you guys about linemen every year but you won't listen...that's what I watch. This group is young and I think they'll be pretty good...but not early when we play 6A HVA, DB, and Farragut.

11 minutes ago, catswild said:

Don't compare us with Maryville. They have as many linemen as we have players on the team (at least they did during warm ups). I try to tell you guys about linemen every year but you won't listen...that's what I watch. This group is young and I think they'll be pretty good...but not early when we play 6A HVA, DB, and Farragut.

We don’t have 50 to 60 linemen. Come on man smh