#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

27 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I get that. What had/has me confused is the fact that I berated someone for bad mouthing the Springfield kids, and the reply was something to the effect of "get in the weightroom". Nothing to do with someone calling kids trash, and me having a problem with it.

dude...he called them terrible. not trash and from what I saw Friday I can't say he was wrong. Greeneville made a lot of teams look terrible this year. it happens so don't take it personally

On 12/2/2017 at 7:26 PM, FreeAgent11 said:

Okay, I've got our class 4A Title game recap podcasted posted now which includes interviews with both of the head Coaches:

Class 4A Podcast Recap

yall mention our huge OL and while you do, you say " for a 4a" school...im curious, what does classification have to do with size of OL? ive seen some huge kids playing 1a OL.....just curious 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greenevilles just better year in and year out than Ac. Just simply a fact! Even if Greenevilles Defense is “Vanilla” like Ac coach stated to the Greeneville Sun. Well that “Vanilla” Defense just won a “Vanilla” State Title! :roflol:

i LOVE that milk can they gave the greene devils for winning state, but man that thing wouldnt hold an ounce of milk, someone needs to show the trophy makers what a dang milk can looks like

Ok I will tip my hat to Greeneville football. Your offense is as good as I have ever seen and I been around football a long time. I wish we would not have gotten down so fast because we was having success on the ground running the ball. That was the plan run the rock and keep you off the field but when you go down like that it changes game plan lol. Your qb and wr where very impressive. As good as they looked on film they looked even better in person. I told someone they would have to eat crow if yall lost and I didnt want you to think i wasnt gonna eat mine lol. Congrats on a well deserved state title

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, barb said:

dude...he called them terrible. not trash and from what I saw Friday I can't say he was wrong. Greeneville made a lot of teams look terrible this year. it happens so don't take it personally

The original post said that they were trash and didn't belong on the field...must have been removed because I can't find it. It's not personal to me what is said about Springfield...never been there and not a fan, but their kids don't deserve to be belittled like that for losing a football game.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The original post said that they were trash and didn't belong on the field...must have been removed because I can't find it. It's not personal to me what is said about Springfield...never been there and not a fan, but their kids don't deserve to be belittled like that for losing a football game.

Fair enough. Moderators do a pretty good job of getting that crap off the boards.

14 hours ago, BVDevil said:

yall mention our huge OL and while you do, you say " for a 4a" school...im curious, what does classification have to do with size of OL? ive seen some huge kids playing 1a OL.....just curious 

Man, you really picking us apart on the commentary.   We don't normally see a huge line "across the board" at the smaller schools.   I guess I should of said the average weight of your lineman is pretty big for a 4A school.   Sorry if we didn't word it right.   Sure, you do see some bigger lineman in the smaller classes, but you'll often see a couple of 200 lb guys mixed in.  

23 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Man, you really picking us apart on the commentary.   We don't normally see a huge line "across the board" at the smaller schools.   I guess I should of said the average weight of your lineman is pretty big for a 4A school.   Sorry if we didn't word it right.   Sure, you do see some bigger lineman in the smaller classes, but you'll often see a couple of 200 lb guys mixed in.  

We have one of those that starts too.  Trent Knight #52 is 190lb left guard that hold his own with anyone.  It also helps he was last year state champ in wrestling and does national tournament in the summer time.

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

We have one of those that starts too.  Trent Knight #52 is 190lb left guard that hold his own with anyone.  It also helps he was last year state champ in wrestling and does national tournament in the summer time.

I'll honestly say we were attempting to be very complimentary of your ball team.   We love Coach Ballard.   Never in a million years thought a comment that was meant to be praise would be twisted around as insulting.    Glad football season is over......  Good luck to the Devils next year although I don't think they'll need any luck.

9 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I'll honestly say we were attempting to be very complimentary of your ball team.   We love Coach Ballard.   Never in a million years thought a comment that was meant to be praise would be twisted around as insulting.    Glad football season is over......  Good luck to the Devils next year although I don't think they'll need any luck.

I think BVD was just giving you a hard time lol.  I definitely didn't take it as an insult and with Coach Bentley at the helm of the O line Greeneville will always have a good line because he knows how to coach kids up no matter their size.  I also listened to all of you pod cast for each class and you guys do a great job.  The next time I'm in Bell Buckle for the RC Cola and Moon Pie festival I'll have to stop in since Bell Buckle isn't big place!

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I think BVD was just giving you a hard time lol.  I definitely didn't take it as an insult and with Coach Bentley at the helm of the O line Greeneville will always have a good line because he knows how to coach kids up no matter their size.  I also listened to all of you pod cast for each class and you guys do a great job.  The next time I'm in Bell Buckle for the RC Cola and Moon Pie festival I'll have to stop in since Bell Buckle isn't big place!

More than welcome.   We love talking high school football with anyone.   I stopped by Buffalo Wild Wings after the game Friday Night and had a Coach from one team and a couple of Maryville fans that kept buying drinks so we could continue talking football...LOL