3A STATE TITLE GAME - ALCOA VS COVINGTON

CHARGERFAN

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think this year was the first year in several that the best two teams met in the title game   

I think the CPA vs Alcoa matchups were pretty spot on. Last year Elizabethton and Alcoa met in the Quarterfinals was the best matchup. This years matchup was for sure the best.

Congrats to both programs.   Tough loss for the Chargers.   I think they proved they belong.   A couple of turnovers and a dual possession 45 yard pass which Quentin Booker and Conner Canfield came down with simultaneously (tie goes to the offense) was the difference in this one.    The fumble on the reverse by Covington was the first time Coach Rankin said he could take a breath in that one.    I'll have interviews with both Coaches on my Friday Main Event Blue Cross Bowl Championship Recap this Saturday at 4 PM(Central time).   Great game for both teams and great job representing your respective schools.

Congratulation to Alcoa. Y’all were better. You earned the title. 

Congrstulations  to my Chargers for a great season that I will always remember. You were better than any 3A team in the state except one. We can proudly display that Silver Ball. 

Now that we have seen what the competition is like, maybe we can make a run at this again next year. To the seniors, we applaud your contributions and you will always be Chargers.

13 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Congratulation to Alcoa. Y’all were better. You earned the title. 

Congrstulations  to my Chargers for a great season that I will always remember. You were better than any 3A team in the state except one. We can proudly display that Silver Ball. 

Now that we have seen what the competition is like, maybe we can make a run at this again next year. To the seniors, we applaud your contributions and you will always be Chargers.

Was very impressed with Covington tonight. Congrats on a great season. Great game tonight!:thumb:

8 minutes ago, Booger said:

oh bolonie.....

...congrats to the tinheads on there championship.....they lucky the Irish wernt there this year

....Booger misses the Goons....always a booger favorite...sorry girls if Booger wernt there for lipstick.....gotta a unigue position we b in

Booger just sayin:thumb:

Go Irish! Goons pulling for ya!

I had your Goon shirt on tonight...........worked like a 4 leaf clover! Yea!