3A STATE TITLE GAME - ALCOA VS COVINGTON

CHARGERFAN

27 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

The future is definitely bright. Most thought that because Alcoa was starting freshmen was a direct reflection of the loss of talent and depth on the team.However, those young men are just that good. I think it was evident yesterday. :thumb:

98 gonna be beast, hard to believe he’s just a freshman!

• Like 1

98 and 12 were both extremely impressive to just be freshmen in high school.  There were several other standouts from their team that I was very impressed with watching.  

On a side note after the game last night myself and a couple of coaching colleagues were leaving the hotel to go have dinner in Cookeville.  As I exited the hotel lobby we encountered a woman who was obviously an Alcoa supporter.  I told her that they Alcoa was a very impressive football team and that they looked great against a very good Covington team.  I told her what a great job Coach Rankin has done at elevating the football program since arriving there.  That was when she told us that she was actually Mrs. Rankin.  

The next time I attend an Alcoa game I'd definitely like to meet some of the members of the Goon Squad from CoachT.  

24 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

98 and 12 were both extremely impressive to just be freshmen in high school.  There were several other standouts from their team that I was very impressed with watching.  

On a side note after the game last night myself and a couple of coaching colleagues were leaving the hotel to go have dinner in Cookeville.  As I exited the hotel lobby we encountered a woman who was obviously an Alcoa supporter.  I told her that they Alcoa was a very impressive football team and that they looked great against a very good Covington team.  I told her what a great job Coach Rankin has done at elevating the football program since arriving there.  That was when she told us that she was actually Mrs. Rankin.  

The next time I attend an Alcoa game I'd definitely like to meet some of the members of the Goon Squad from CoachT.  

NICE! Us goons will look forward to it! :thumb:

5 hours ago, bglass said:

Depth for Alcoa is gonna make it hard for any 3a team to ever beat them. We lost two senior defensive lineman in pre season that would have helped last night. We basically play about 24 kids not counting special teams. We have Qb and both running backs coming back but are losing 12 seniors that played almost every down since they were sophomores. 

ht92k1.jpg