Catholic vs Beech

ChardeeMacdennis

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

KNS reported on Tuesday that the Catholic church can give aid and the TSSAA doesn't consider it as aid .. we now know how those kids are affording the tuition .. BEST TEAM THE CHURCH CAN BUY !!!

Before you start with your conspiracy theories: any CATHOLIC student that attends the school gets a 1,000 from THEIR registered CATHOLIC Parish towards their tuition. No more, no less, and if a student is NOT Catholic they don’t receive ANYTHING towards their tuition. I went to a Catholic high school in Chicago and our parish did the exact same thing but it was less. In the mid-80’s tuition was only 2500. 

Edited by QSouth89

3 hours ago, TigerFan76 said:

Is it a common occurrence for Fans during a game in 5A to use chants towards  the opposing teams player when they go down with an injury ?

Glad you brought this up. Piss poor on the Beech student section to be chanting "Bring out the stretcher" when Cade Mays went down. Good job Beech, way to keep it classless. 

Edited by Eaglesfan00
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Knox Catholic. They have assembled a spectacular group of talent and were clearly the better team. 

I have to question how much of a sense of accomplishment KC gets from this. It’s like putting together  a travel team and then rather than playing other travel teams you just play in the local rec league. Granted, in the current setup it’s perfectly legal to play that way and will probabaly stay that way. I never expect the TSSAA to do the right thing. To me it’s apples and oranges. To a private school person, high school football is about assembling the most talent from all over. For a public school guy like me it’s about taking the kids from your community each year, no matter how big, small, fast, slow and coaching them up to be the best they can be.  There’s no way these two different systems should compete with each other for state championships.  It’s not a question of who pays and who doesn’t. Frankly, there are so many ways to skirt that rule it’s not even worth discussing. The fact that private’s pool of talent to pull from is nearly unlimited is the difference. 

I’m proud of the Bucs for their effort tonight against such a talented opponent. They fought back to make it a game briefly, but then the guys in stripes went brain dead. Not sure how those clowns can cash their game checks with a clear conscience after those two calls. But the officials didn’t change the outcome of the game, just made it a lot less interesting. 

Congratulations again to Catholic. But while you’re sitting around stroking your gold ball this winter, just remember that the three times you actually played against your peers this year you were 1-2, giving up 50 or more in two of those three. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tandem said:

Congratulations to Knox Catholic. They have assembled a spectacular group of talent and were clearly the better team. 

I have to question how much of a sense of accomplishment KC gets from this. It’s like putting together  a travel team and then rather than playing other travel teams you just play in the local rec league. Granted, in the current setup it’s perfectly legal to play that way and will probabaly stay that way. I never expect the TSSAA to do the right thing. To me it’s apples and oranges. To a private school person, high school football is about assembling the most talent from all over. For a public school guy like me it’s about taking the kids from your community each year, no matter how big, small, fast, slow and coaching them up to be the best they can be.  There’s no way these two different systems should compete with each other for state championships.  It’s not a question of who pays and who doesn’t. Frankly, there are so many ways to skirt that rule it’s not even worth discussing. The fact that private’s pool of talent to pull from is nearly unlimited is the difference. 

I’m proud of the Bucs for their effort tonight against such a talented opponent. They fought back to make it a game briefly, but then the guys in stripes went brain dead. Not sure how those clowns can cash their game checks with a clear conscience after those two calls. But the officials didn’t change the outcome of the game, just made it a lot less interesting. 

Congratulations again to Catholic. But while you’re sitting around stroking your gold ball this winter, just remember that the three times you actually played against your peers this year you were 1-2, giving up 50 or more in two of those three. 

Thanks for the back handed compliment. What's your take on the open zoned schools? I know in this area for years Maryville, Alcoa,  Oak Ridge, Fulton and others have had players that were zoned for other schools. The majority of these kids have played together for years in youth football. We've grown accustomed to hearing this argument. Good programs attract kids.

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

Thanks for the back handed compliment. What's your take on the open zoned schools? I know in this area for years Maryville, Alcoa,  Oak Ridge, Fulton and others have had players that were zoned for other schools. The majority of these kids have played together for years in youth football. We've grown accustomed to hearing this argument. Good programs attract kids.

Great programs play in the division they should be  playing in!

4 hours ago, tandem said:

Beech had a great season.  Be proud of that silver ball.  We have 3 of those.  We earned one of those my Sr. year.  There are 31 teams from regions 5-8 that would love to have been playing last night.  I'm proud of how the guys played last night.  I'm going to miss watching Heath play.  He's an incredible young man.  Not too shabby of a player either.