Griders pirates in 2018

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

There was a bit of a problem early on during the game in Jasper. I remember officials, possibly even law, talking to Vic about it. I don't remember just what it was though. He had gotten clearance from the coaches before the game though so that was why there was a big stink raised over it ... We had permission and still the use of it was called into question. 

It will be interesting to watch with two drones flying though. 

Didn’t we have two in the air last year at one game?

5 hours ago, sportman said:

Good luck!!! Hope your done with that before the season is over. A lot of work but I know, I ,for one can say I will appreciate it. That is interesting. I'd like to see how many point's also that the D has given up all those year's.

This will be the 95th Pirate team. I've been working on it for a couple of weeks when I have spare time and have only gotten half of the years done so far. I was hoping to be done before the Sequatchie game but I don't know that I will make it for that deadline. Not enough spare time.:mellow:

5 hours ago, sportman said:

What all schools should do is mount a camera on both goalpost and then there would be no problem,unless a ball hits it and break's. 

It would have been safe most of the time from Pirate kickers. 

Edited by rlh
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

This will be the 95th Pirate team. I've been working on it for a couple of weeks when I have spare time and have only gotten half of the years done so far. I was hoping to be done before the Sequatchie game but I don't know that I will make it for that deadline. Not enough spare time.:mellow:

Check with PowerP.  I gave him some info that I had put together and acquired back during my radio days in the 90's.  I think it went back to the early 30's at least.  Also, I gave a copy to that Hargis man about 10 years ago because some of the info in his paper was incorrect.  I hope this helps.