Griders pirates in 2018

Roy Dillard

On 8/6/2018 at 6:10 AM, orngnblk said:

He will get plenty of time.SP will roll alot of teams on their schedule!And yes i also hope we get another OnB semifinal.

Well he’s also coming back from a broken jaw. Had it wired shut for 7wks. Lost some weight but he should put that back on pretty quick. He’s definitely excited to be back out there at practice getting to hit and participate. 

Whitwell is the game decider again this year from all the talk. Like I said, wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see you guys again this year!

7 hours ago, sportman said:

Basically the same here on my end. Not many SP coacht people on here yet. I haven't even been to a practice and i usually go to a few,so I am way behind.

If it’s the new transfer then yes I’ve seen him at practice. Good size kid and looks to help us out at some point. I believe he’s just a sophomore if it’s the same one I asked the boy about. 

I believe we had one or two quit this week but don’t quote me on that. Just going by what I’ve heard. Did notice today that one was missing. 

On 8/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, PurplePower68 said:

No there wasn't any problem with sp flying it at MC last year. There may have been some rail birds giving him grief about it though. Dade didn't let us fly it last night. 

You may be thinking about Greenback because they grounded it.

That’s exactly what happened. Some I guess you could say over excited MC fans were mouthing at the kid operating it. They left peacefully after a few SP adults intervened in the arguing. No harm no foul, just some friendly mouthing going on!

14 hours ago, powerp said:

To me....the biggest loss from last year was Sawyer Kelley. That kid has always been a player. I think the 2018 Pirates will be better than last years group overall. I think you will see a better chance of an explosive offense now with the same type of stingy defense.  Even if all the teams call a  vanilla game tomorrow night, it's still good to see some football!

That kid played hard every single play. He was the heart and soul and MVP of that 2017 team. As for our 2018 team? This team is still young overall. I might change my tune, but for now I don’t think SP will be as good as 2017. They seem to be breaking in some new players so I think it will take awhile. I expect a much better team come playoff time than we will see on the field tonight. 

12 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'm saying the referee has no jurisdiction.  Unless he's part of yalls home administration. :lol:

In the words of that wise man from Signal mountain:

Bebe-Con-Panal-Burla-89908.gif

As of right now it is decided first by state governing bodies (TSSAA, AHSSAA, GHSA, etc.), then by the home team administrators, then by officials.  I look for the NFHS and all of the state organizations to look into this pretty deep over the next few years. I'm surprised that they didn't do it this off-season.

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

As of right now it is decided first by state governing bodies (TSSAA, AHSSAA, GHSA, etc.), then by the home team administrators, then by officials.  I look for the NFHS and all of the state organizations to look into this pretty deep over the next few years. I'm surprised that they didn't do it this off-season.

Not to beat a dead horse but did they not pass a NFHS rule that if used at High school games the pilot had to be licensed by the FAA and had to pass some kind of test?Also the drone had to be registered with the FAA,my brother flies these things and lost his and the FAA could track it.I asked him and he gave me that info.

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Not to beat a dead horse but did they not pass a NFHS rule that if used at High school games the pilot had to be licensed by the FAA and had to pass some kind of test?Also the drone had to be registered with the FAA,my brother flies these things and lost his and the FAA could track it.I asked him and he gave me that info.

I think that the FAA instituted that policy and it is in regards to all athletics.  The NFHS may have just passed along the same info.  I could be wrong on that but the FAA is constantly changing it's policies on drones.

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

TSSAA told me they have no policy and the NFHS has no rules. They said it was entirely up to the home administration.  That's all I have to go on. 

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

TSSAA told me they have no policy and the NFHS has no rules. They said it was entirely up to the home administration.  That's all I have to go on. 

Right, the TSSAA doesn't have a policy but there are a few states that do I believe.  Some will not allow them at all while others have strict rules.  The NFHS has no rules and were at one time just letting it be decided in the order that I posted.  I'm looking for the reference but can't seem to find it.  That could have changed but they were just basically tapping out and letting it be decided by anyone else and not getting into the fray.  They will have to at some point though.  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
Because I'm stoopid