Upperman Football

topnight

12 hours ago, Volstate said:

How did Watertown look? How did y’all compare to them? 

They look like a good 2A team.  Didn't they go pretty deep last year?  Think they got beat by Tyner in the quarters maybe? They have some good athletes. The kid wearing #43 is a player.  Hardest licks of the day was when he ran the ball, he's a punisher.  Think Kingston and Upperman both had a size advantage and were a little more physical, but they showed up well. They may have had some guys in Spring sports who could show up in the fall.  I think they gave up one big play to Upperman on D, and were able to sustain some drives on O against them.  Didn't really pay as much attention when they went against Kingston.  They look like they could be a tough out in the fall.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, TALMAD said:

I myself would like to know how Caine is doing! He will be a big change compared to what I have seen the U running last few years!!! Hope they like the Wing T!!!

A good coach does not run the offense he knows, he runs the offense the players fit.  I don't see much Wing T at Upperman with that group. 

1 hour ago, putnamcountyfan said:

A good coach does not run the offense he knows, he runs the offense the players fit.  I don't see much Wing T at Upperman with that group. 

Upperman never has been a wing t bunch! Totally agree with u on the fitment! He sure loved it in Sequatchie! I have seen coaches run the Wing many years no matter what the players was like and be successful! Athletes can and will adapt! Either way its going to be interesting year! I believe the SC/Upperman game will be a dandy to watch this year!

2 hours ago, putnamcountyfan said:

That's all well and good but if a coach runs an offense he has no experience with, its usually a recipe for disaster. The Wing-T is a pretty flexible offense so it can be a run first or pass first offense.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, TALMAD said:

Upperman never has been a wing t bunch! Totally agree with u on the fitment! He sure loved it in Sequatchie! I have seen coaches run the Wing many years no matter what the players was like and be successful! Athletes can and will adapt! Either way its going to be interesting year! I believe the SC/Upperman game will be a dandy to watch this year!

Think that with all the spread Wing-T stuff now a days, the coach can maintain wing-t style running attack and still have a more open attack than the standard Delaware Wing T.

Upperman has a good coach......They will be competitive . I would not be surprised to see them 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.

21 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Think that with all the spread Wing-T stuff now a days, the coach can maintain wing-t style running attack and still have a more open attack than the standard Delaware Wing T.

Upperman has a good coach......They will be competitive . I would not be surprised to see them 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.

Caine is a great Coach! A for sure WIN for Upperman!!! Going to be interesting season in this Region! Prob one of the closest Regions to watch!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 11:41 PM, VictoryFormation said:

They look like a good 2A team.  Didn't they go pretty deep last year?  Think they got beat by Tyner in the quarters maybe? They have some good athletes. The kid wearing #43 is a player.  Hardest licks of the day was when he ran the ball, he's a punisher.  Think Kingston and Upperman both had a size advantage and were a little more physical, but they showed up well. They may have had some guys in Spring sports who could show up in the fall.  I think they gave up one big play to Upperman on D, and were able to sustain some drives on O against them.  Didn't really pay as much attention when they went against Kingston.  They look like they could be a tough out in the fall.

Watertown was eliminated in first round of the first round of the playoffs by Tyner