Region 1-A

BasketballMechanic1

13 hours ago, THE KING said:

History says district 1 will prevail.  I like the fact that greenback is in district 2 now.  D2 is starting to get solid, which cosby has always been solid in basketball.  But with these other teams starting to become solid programs, district 1's history of creating a path to Murfreesboro just got tougher.  Plus, district 1 as a whole is no where near what they used to be.  Its only been a few short years ago that we had 3 teams who could win the gold ball.  Unaka did win it in 2004 and we beat them that year.  With Carp no longer at cloudland, I'm afraid the Landers may have trouble getting back there. 

Shoot, 2014 thru 2016 crew here might have stocked us with gold balls had it not been for Memphis Mitchell! 

The MM of 2017 was nothing like the ones before them...Those suckers could flat out play!

It's good dist 2 getting a lil tuffer! Get 1 and 2 with a few teams like past Hampton and Meigs programs and games would be worth the $5

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/23/2018 at 9:06 AM, old24eagle said:

If I'm all your worried about you will be fine! Im too old to whip anybody and I'm WELL above my fighting weight anymore! LOL

At my age, worry is a widow maker and more dangerous than any man LOL. Coming to watch a lil round ball and holler a bit then head home to my recliner....Only problem will be if someone wants to delay that happening :roflol:

On 2/23/2018 at 4:50 AM, ladykee said:

Howdy Uknoit! Yes junior is playing. He’s #22 the 6’4 shooting guard 15 year old Cherokee23 speaks of. The other young gun #50 is the 6’6 big man. My nephew is #10 the point guard/shooting guard (any of the 4 starters other than Bailey run the point from time to time)and he’s a few shy of 6 foot but he was our tourney MVP. It’s not always the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog and the kid knows the game. Know very little about this UH bunch until a slew of film surfaced the last couple of days. I do know I have been in there home gym once in 2008 to watch GB’s 2nd only substate appearance in school history. They beat us 69-60 in a pretty darn good game to watch. My uncle coached that GB team and my oldest was 9 years old & my nephew 7 (junior was 5 & if memory serves me he didn’t make that 3 hour trip on a school night). I believe those youngins cried with the team after that game. I am pretty sure OnB’s oldest was on that team. That experience & season as a whole is one of my oldest’s all Time favorite childhood memories! He got a taste of what HS ball was like in post season play & was determined that he wanted a piece of that action one day. The stars never aligned during his time but the absence of teams like GCA, Meigs County & the defending 1A Champs Harriman has made a little easier path to postseason success this year. You mentioned UH & gestures so you have me wondering if this is going to be a similar experience as playing say a GCA.... I’ll leave on that note lol! They do wear Navy!!!

Attitudes much like GCA. Many are lawyers, doctors and professors kids. Their school is on ETSU campus.

A few years ago, they had a good team and we beat em pretty handily and they were chanting "it's alright, its okay, you'll work for us one day" So there you have it Lol 

Maybe I'll get a chance to watch your crew play live!