AAA DUALS PICKEM

Bump11

I worked out the entire bracket and got some surprising results.  Most people won't agree with my top 4, and honestly I don't believe they are the 4 best teams in the state, but based off of the bracket and how certain teams match up with other teams this is my prediction for this weekend!  I broke it down by round and put what I believed to be the closest match of each round in bold.  Also, I am going to go ahead and apologize to all the Nashville area fans beforehand because I know I have some picks most of you are going to argue  :flower:

Round 1

1. Cleveland over Centennial
  2. Wilson Central over William Blount
  3. Blackman over Dobyns Bennett
  4. Arlington over Anderson County
  5. Soddy Daisy over Brentwood (sorry Bruin fans)
  6. Heritage over Houston
  7. Knoxville Halls over Beech Senior
  8. Science Hill over Oakland

Quarter Finals

1. Cleveland over WIlson Central
  2.  Arlington over Blackman
  3. Soddy Daisy over Heritage
  4.  Science Hill over Knoxville Halls

Consolations Round 1

1. William Blount over Centennial
  2. Dobyns Bennett over Anderson County
  3. Brentwood over Houston
  4. Beech Senior over Oakland

Consolations Round 2

1. Knoxville Halls over William Blount
  2. Heritage over Dobyns Bennettt
  3. Brentwood over Blackman (Just because I picked Brentwood to lose to Soddy)
  4. Wilson Central over Beech Senior

Semi Finals

1. Cleveland over Arlington
  2. Science Hill over Soddy Daisy

Consolation Round 3 and 4-aka-"Blood Round"

1. Heritage over Knoxville Halls
  2. Wilson Central over Brentwood

1. Heritage over Arlington
  2. Soddy Daisy over Wilson Central (decided this on a coin flip)

Final Results

1. Cleveland
  2. Science Hill
  3. Soddy Daisy
  4. Heritage 

The rundown- I think Cleveland and Science HIll will be a clear cut 1 and 2.  I think WC and Soddy may be the real 3 and 4, however, they will meet in the "blood round" and only one of them can place (if WC loses to Cleveland in the quarters and Soddy loses in the semi's to SH).    Additionally, The first round of the tournament has a big match in Halls vs Beech, as I think whoever wins that match will meet Heritage in consolation round 3, and the loser will eventually be put out by WC in the 2nd round of consolations.   I think the winner of that consolation round 3 match (match 23 on the bracket) will ultimately finish 4th, as I think all 3 of those schools can beat Arlington in the "blood round" but  would also fall to either WC or Soddy for 3rd and 4th.    So truthfully my notes look like this:

1. Cleveland
  2.  Science Hill
  3. Wilson Central/Soddy Daisy
  4. Heritage/Halls/Beech.

Ight, heres mine

Round 1

Cleveland over Centennial

Wilson Central over WIlliam Blount

Blackman over Dobyns Bennett

Arlington over Anderson County

Soddy Daisy over Brentwood

Heritage over Houston

Beech over Halls (I think bonus points at 106,120, and 126 are going to be the game changer)

Science Hill over Oakland

Round 2

Cleveland over Wilson Central

Arlington over Blackman

Soddy Daisy over Heritage

Science Hill over Beech

Cons Round 1

Centennial over William Blount

Dobyns Bennett over Anderson County

Brentwood over Houston

Halls over Oakland

Cons Round 2

Beech over Centennial

Arlington over Heritage

Brentwood over Blackman

Wilson Central over Halls

Champ Semis

Cleveland over Arlington

Science Hill over Soddy Daisy

Cons Round 3

Beech over Heritage

Wilson Central over Brentwood

Cons Semis

Arlington over Beech

Wilson Central over Soddy Daisy (Boom I said it)

Finals

Cleveland over Science Hill

Cons Finals

Wilson Central over Arlington

1. Cleveland

2. Science Hill

3. Wilson Central

4. Arlington

Well that was an interesting ride through the brackets. The top two probably could've been guessed at the beginning of the season but the conso finals had me surprised. I think Arlington caught a fantastic draw. The Brentwood/Soddy match had me scratching my head but I'm gonna go with my head and not my region 7 heart on that one.

Edited by WrestlingGod

39 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

... I think Arlington caught a fantastic draw. The Brentwood/Soddy match had me scratching my head but I'm gonna go with my head and not my region 7 heart on that one.

Everyone has Arlington into he semi's, it seems, but Blackman should not be overlooked.  They won't give up any forfeits and while Arlington is very strong in the middle of lineup, they definitely could see themselves having to overcome 18-24 points in forfeits and pins from weak weight classes.  I think they can do it but it's far from given.  Blackman is a quality team.  They have finished ahead of Arlington, Beech, Halls (twice), and I believe, Heritage at the Wildcat and BC tournaments this season.  I can easily see them getting to the Semis.  

36 minutes ago, Nainten said:

Everyone has Arlington into he semi's, it seems, but Blackman should not be overlooked.  They won't give up any forfeits and while Arlington is very strong in the middle of lineup, they definitely could see themselves having to overcome 18-24 points in forfeits and pins from weak weight classes.  I think they can do it but it's far from given.  Blackman is a quality team.  They have finished ahead of Arlington, Beech, Halls (twice), and I believe, Heritage at the Wildcat and BC tournaments this season.  I can easily see them getting to the Semis.  

I agree with you about Blackman, I just have Arlington picked to beat them but I did pick that to be the closest match of that round and I could easily see Blackman in the semifinals aswell! 

On 1/27/2018 at 6:11 PM, Bump11 said:

Because of the way they beat them at regions. If they had gotten lucky and won a couple 1 point matches then I’d say Indy and centennial may be just as good. But they didn’t. They dominated both at regions. So that is why I call it a slip up. Nobody is taking a match off against anyone. That can get you bitten this time of year so don’t go throwing stuff like that around. I’m curious as to who you support. You have now trashed an Indy wrestler but backed up that same team all in a week. 

Eh. Match was won by against both by a small amount of matches. How crazy the score can change depending on a coin flip. And Fowler is a good wrestler but I think it was clear he got lucky against Chad. Considering Fowler has lost to people such as Henderson that Chad has demolished. And I'm not supporting one team over another. My comments are statistically relavent and rather unbiased. I asked a reasonable question, considering Indys and Centenials match was technically still winnable about to the last 2 matches. I wouldn't consider that dominate by any means. 

28 minutes ago, MichauleyCulkin said:

Eh. Match was won by against both by a small amount of matches. How crazy the score can change depending on a coin flip. And Fowler is a good wrestler but I think it was clear he got lucky against Chad. Considering Fowler has lost to people such as Henderson that Chad has demolished. And I'm not supporting one team over another. My comments are statistically relavent and rather unbiased. I asked a reasonable question, considering Indys and Centenials match was technically still winnable about to the last 2 matches. I wouldn't consider that dominate by any means. 

Understood. And lucky? A 14-12 decision is not luck. A pin may be considered a bit of luck. But that high scoring of a match, that close of a match... no it’s not luck. He dug deep and earned that win. And for you to try and take that away from him and belittle that win, is pretty despicable. Maybe he was just the better wrestler on that night? Ever think of that?   No you didn’t because you are dead set on discrediting him. Chad may beat him next time. He may beat him bad. May pin or tech or major him...it’s doubtful, but it could happen. And at the moment Chad will have been the better man on the mat. But the previous match he wasn’t. Daniel was. And he knows that. Chad knows that, the coaches and parents and teammates and fans all know that. And no matter how hard you try, you can’t take that away from him. 

6 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Understood. And lucky? A 14-12 decision is not luck. A pin may be considered a bit of luck. But that high scoring of a match, that close of a match... no it’s not luck. He dug deep and earned that win. And for you to try and take that away from him and belittle that win, is pretty despicable. Maybe he was just the better wrestler on that night? Ever think of that?   No you didn’t because you are dead set on discrediting him. Chad may beat him next time. He may beat him bad. May pin or tech or major him...it’s doubtful, but it could happen. And at the moment Chad will have been the better man on the mat. But the previous match he wasn’t. Daniel was. And he knows that. Chad knows that, the coaches and parents and teammates and fans all know that. And no matter how hard you try, you can’t take that away from him. 

Well luck wasn't the best word but I think he got pinned by him last time. Not meaning it as if Chad is far more superior than Fowler or that hr didnt have a good win over him tje first time. I do think Chad has proven to wrestle better overall this year however. They will most likely wrestle at individuals again so we will see how they finish the tie

It's all about who has worked the hardest the whole season, who has the least amount of injuries and sickness (flu and stomach bug can destroy a team), and what team is willing to come together and fight like there is no tomorrow,  to beat a team they aren't supposed to beat. Also, individual tournaments shouldn't really be taken into account when trying to reason yourself for a dual tournament (except if it was a head to head match up, but those should still be taken as a grain of salt), expecially this season. It has been full of injuries and sickness. I know in individual tournaments this year several teams didn't wrestle the same starting 14 they will have at the state duals; rather that be because kids have dropped weight, injuries, sickness, ACT tests, etc. 

• Upvote 1

1st rd

1) Cleveland over Centennial

2)WC over WB

3)Blackman over DB

4)Arlington over AC

5)Soddy over BW- I wanna have a good seat for this matchup

6) Heritage over Houston

7) Beech over Halls- if Beech wins here, they will go much further than expected considering the injuries. If not- they are 3 and out after match 22

8) SH over Oakland

Quarters

9) Cleveland over WC

11) Arlington over Blackmon

13) Soddy over Heritage

15) SH over Beech

1st rd consi's

10) Centennial over WB

12) DB over AC

14) BW over Houston

16) Halls over Oakland

2nd round consi's

18) Beech over Centennial

19) Heritage over DB

21) Blackmon over BW

22) WC over Halls 

Semi's

17) Cleveland over Arlington

20) SH over Soddy- could be flipped

3rd round consi's

23) Beech over Heritage

24) WC over Blackmon

Consi semis

25) Beech over Arlington- I flipped a coin

26) Soddy over WC

Consi finals

27) Soddy over Beech

Finals

28) Cleveland over SH

1 hour ago, FargoStrut said:

1st rd

1) Cleveland over Centennial

2)WC over WB

3)Blackman over DB

4)Arlington over AC

5)Soddy over BW- I wanna have a good seat for this matchup

6) Heritage over Houston

7) Beech over Halls- if Beech wins here, they will go much further than expected considering the injuries. If not- they are 3 and out after match 22

8) SH over Oakland

Quarters

9) Cleveland over WC

11) Arlington over Blackmon

13) Soddy over Heritage

15) SH over Beech

1st rd consi's

10) Centennial over WB

12) DB over AC

14) BW over Houston

16) Halls over Oakland

2nd round consi's

18) Beech over Centennial

19) Heritage over DB

21) Blackmon over BW

22) WC over Halls 

Semi's

17) Cleveland over Arlington

20) SH over Soddy- could be flipped

3rd round consi's

23) Beech over Heritage

24) WC over Blackmon

Consi semis

25) Beech over Arlington- I flipped a coin

26) Soddy over WC

Consi finals

27) Soddy over Beech

Finals

28) Cleveland over SH

Fargo, same with Halls...these two are so even...the winner has a great chance to be wrestling in the blood round....while the loser is out in a WCentral match.

No offense to Beech, because the same holds true for them, but Halls got a horrible draw for a Region winner.

As did WC, in my opinion.

Love the Heritage draw, for sure. I think their draw sets them up for a real final four opportunity.