State Dual Results And Updates

Bump11

5 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Cleveland will be just fine next year. Will be just as good next year, they are young and a deep squad and add Wysong and Lundy. Cleveland ain’t going no where

Not sure where you get your info....but Ysong is back home with parents Wrestling for his AL HS.

He is in the building, but not coming back to Cleveland. 

My guess, he stays where he is....he may wind up at McCallie.

21 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

I was just trying not to give region 4 any props for next year. Lol, seems like it's a bad thing to do lately.

props are good.  Top three in state is another thing entirely.  People remember those bold statements.

Top three in region 4 ?   --  OK

16 minutes ago, Twofdr said:

25 minutes ago, HSDAD said:

props are good.  Top three in state is another thing entirely.  People remember those bold statements.

Top three in region 4 ?   --  OK

Sadly no way of proving it HSdad, but again maybe when your region or ANY other region place 2 teams first and second 11-12 times you can start doing the same. Maybe I will live that long to see another region do it. 

For anyone who is interested, here’s tonight’s lineups and my picks for tonight   (Ranking based on pin-tn rankings). 

AAA Championship:

#1 Cleveland vs #2 Science Hill

While I want so badly to take the Hill I think Cleveland is just too much. It will be tight though. Science Hill will need bonus points wherever they can get them. Pick: Cleveland

AAA 3rd place:

#3 Wilson Central vs #8 Brentwood

Again I am torn. I want to take Brentwood but Wilson Central is so good for how much youth they have. The entire state better take notice. This team is no joke for he next few years. Pick: Wilson Central

A/AA Championship:

#2 Gibbs vs #5 Signal Mountain

Hadnt seen much of Signal before this weekend but man they have looked great. Gibbs will be favored as they should be, but... I think Signal matches up well and gets it done in a match decided by 5 or less. The Signal train rolls on. Pick: Signal Mountain

D2 Championship:

#1 Christian Brothers vs #3 Baylor (based on coaches poll)

Christian Bros has been the best D2 team all year. But Baylor is peaking at the right time. Another close one decided by 1 match. Pick: Baylor

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

Sadly no way of proving it HSdad, but again maybe when your region or ANY other region place 2 teams first and second 11-12 times you can start doing the same. Maybe I will live that long to see another region do it. 

Again

Region 4 has a strong history

No argument from me

On 1/24/2018 at 7:53 AM, cobrakid8 said:

mrfixalot, owe you and The Soddy boys an apology!!!! They stepped up when it was needed and got a really big victory last night and hopefully a berth in the state duals! Good Luck the rest of the way boys!

Even you believed a few weeks ago Cobra. Sure didnt go the way i tjougjt it would. Hopefully SD will be healthy for regions next week and we can get a few kids on the podium for State. I really just poking fun at you Cobra. 

Edited by mrfixalot49