State Dual Results And Updates

Bump11

Cleveland handles Arlington. Seemed like Arlington was missing some guys. Not sure what was goin on there. Science Hill and Heritage are neck and neck. Brentwood-Beech will come down to the last match. It will favor Brentwood heavily. Wilson Central is laying it on Soddy. Greenbriar and Fairview are in a close one for 3rd in A/AA. And Father Ryan and McCallie both rolling. 

Brentwood pins the last 4 matches to complete the comeback. They get Arlington for a spot on the podium. 

Edited by Bump11

Brentwood came to wrestle as did a few other teams. Seems Arlington and Soddy decided not to, so I will pick Brentwood to beat Arlington and Heritage will be a very tough matchup vs Wilson Central, since Heritage is giving Science Hill all they could handle. So looks like Brentwood will be a top 4 team and Soddy better get back in the gum and get to work, as it seems they peeked a week early against Bradley. Although I think Bradley would have beaten Soddy this weekend, even in the two wins they just didn't have it.

Edited by cobrakid8

Just now, cobrakid8 said:

Brentwood came to wrestle as did a few other teams. Seems Arlington and Soddy decided not to, so I will pick Brentwood to beat Arlington and Heritage will be a very tough matchup vs Wilson Central, since Heritage is giving Science Hill all they could handle. So looks like Brentwood will be a top 4 team and Soddy better get back in the gum and get to work, as it seems they peeked a week early against Bradley. Although I think Bradley would have beaten Soddy this weekend, even in the one win they just didn't have it.

The Bruins have been solid all year. I predicted them to be a top 6 team early on and now they are proving it. Not sure what happened with Arlington. But the way they wrestled Cleveland and the way Brentwood is wrestling, I’ll take Brentwood as well. As far as the other side goes, between Wilson Central and the Hill/Heritage loser, it’s anyones game. All 3 have looked great. 

I have seen Brentwood also this year, good solid team, but they wrestled over their head in a few matches, it's one reason why although you don't like it that I said Soddy blew their matchup, seen both teams this year but even with some veterans it seems Sodd just doesn't know how to deal with adversity, they get punched in the mouth and don't respond. Give up way to many points in which shaving points has to happen and they don't pick up bonus points when they are close to getting them. That is what marks a decent team and a good to great team and Soddy just has to many holes to fill, sadly Wilson Central beat their tails and yet Wilson Central is YOUNG, that's doesn't bold well for the rest of the state especially a Soddy who I don't see having any studs coming out f the middle school program ready to take places. I will have to go and look and see how many seniors Brentwood and some of the others have, but there has been some really good wrestling this weekend and again some teams wrestling over their heads and making some noise. Heritage would be one of those also.

Edited by cobrakid8

2 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Fairview beats Greenbriar and takes 3rd. So much for Greenbriar being “hands down the best” as someone said earlier. Was a great run but just couldn’t get it done. Congrats to Fairview. Big win. 

Check the roster. Missing some key components. We had 2 of our best break their collar bones yesterday and had another one of our tops come in overweight. Not making excuses, but making you aware. Fairview came to wrestle, congrats to them! 

1 minute ago, TheNewGuy12345 said:

Check the roster. Missing some key components. We had 2 of our best break their collar bones yesterday and had another one of our tops come in overweight. Not making excuses, but making you aware. Fairview came to wrestle, congrats to them! 

2 losses and two excuses made by you. Represent the program better than that. Everyone knows injuries are part of this sport. Hope those injured heal up. The Bobcats will be busy the next two weekends as they will have a handful of wrestlers make noise at individual regions and state.

1 minute ago, TheNewGuy12345 said:

Thanks for the info. Wish we could have seen a 100% Greenbriar. But can’t take away from Fairview. Wrestled their butts off this weekend. Well deserved

16 hours ago, DaBears1976 said:

You've been quiet for a while. You decided to run your piehole now cause Brentwood got lucky? Lets talk about tomorrow and see who is the champs. Dont hide tomorrow when you see a Region 4 champ. Come back and "lets talk" 

Wow, it appears Wilson also "got lucky."  

Unfortunately I think that's all the drama on the winners side of the bracket.  Science Hill celebrating like they just won the gold trophy, I think they must realize whats next and are reveling in their success before the sun goes down.  Good year for them, just one short for Price's last middle school group.

Consolations will be fun.