2018 Region 7A Tournament

HuskerVol04

1 hour ago, Bballyall said:

So how does Gleason beat Dresden? Or are you hoping for Gleason?

Dresden was without their other big post, Winn, in the District Tournament game. I think key is for Winn to have a big game to take some pressure off of Davis. It was very evident that Gleason's game plan was to make Davis a non factor in the last game. Dresden is a scrappy team & will need to adjust their defense depending on how the refs are letting them play to keep Gleason off the line.

21 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

Dresden was without their other big post, Winn, in the District Tournament game. I think key is for Winn to have a big game to take some pressure off of Davis. It was very evident that Gleason's game plan was to make Davis a non factor in the last game. Dresden is a scrappy team & will need to adjust their defense depending on how the refs are letting them play to keep Gleason off the line.

Davis still had 22pts and 14 rebs even after the targeting in the first half to injure her. But it will take more than one or two to keep advancing from here on. And Davis also avg a double double for the district tournament. Don’t think nobody else did. 

24 minutes ago, basketballanonymous said:

Davis still had 22pts and 14 rebs even after the targeting in the first half to injure her. But it will take more than one or two to keep advancing from here on. And Davis also avg a double double for the district tournament. Don’t think nobody else did. 

You're exactly right. It's apparent that opposing coaches know the caliber player Davis is. She's double & at times triple teamed but still manages to get to the basket. It's a shame that she doesn't get the media attention especially being the lone senior at Dresden. She doesn't get near the attention she deserves.

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Our girls and coaches don't hear this garbage. Don't they teach ethics, morals and values being a referee? Refs I know wouldn't dare get on a message board and say this stuff. I wouldn't want to win a game that was purposely influenced by a referee. Refs for the most part have done a decent job this year and games we lost was our fault. I am a family member of a player so I know how hard all these kids work and know most all of the opposing players and how hard they work. No need for this stuff to come out of a refs mouth ever joking or not. I am a West TN basketball fan. If Greenfield wins the game, I am a Greenfield fan in the Boro. We all see and know each other.

Refs too often make the games about them.I have to disagree, refs have been a world's worse this year, on all levels. Ive been to a lot of games this year, middle, HS and college and I have seen the worst inconsistent officiating I have ever seen. A lot of new guys/gals reffing big games, old and slow refs who can't keep up so their out of position and just blow the whistle to slow the game down, one ref wears an insulin pump bless his heart and eats snacks between qtrs, bad knees and feet, it's a mess. Sometimes you just gotta let that extra money go. 

Congrats to Greenfield and Dresden. It amazes me at the talent level in Weakley County. Throw in Westview and Gleason and yall must have something in the water up there. 2 great games tonight in Jackson, which could have went either way. No matter how it turns out, go make us proud of our area. 

I'm really impressed with Greenfield's Chloe Moore's range and she just doesn't get rattled. Little Darby has great vision on the court and older sister is as solid as they come. Enjoy this ride Greenfield, it'll be fun. 

Dresden & Gleason....wow, what a game. This is why I love tourney basketball. A big 3 ends it. Davis is a beast. Should be a great championship game too. Hope everyone comes out healthy. 

Hats off to Westview (again) for what they've done this season. Probably the best defensive team I've seen in years up here. According to the T Scoreboard, 15 games out of 32 of holding opponents to 30 points or less. 

West TN Proud!

Edited by SuperFan14A

WHAT.. A... GAME! Lady Lions came back in 2nd half, looked like they had it in the bag until late in 4th, then Lady Bulldogs turned it on & came back in a blitzrig & got the lead, then Dresden's Washburn nailed a three pointer with a few seconds left. Dresden wins by 1 pt., 30-29. Amazing, super exciting game! It's an all-Weakley county championship for single A Region 7. Greenfield vs Dresden, and Lady Lions have yet to beat Lady Yellowjackets this year. Perhaps third time will be our charm. Weakley County had 3 of the final four teams in 7A Regional finals, pretty impressive. Plus Westview is in finals for AA too. This area produces some good teams & athletes in girl's b-ball. Go teams, esp. Lady Lions!

Two good games that were well officiated for the most part. Glad to see Zebra35 wasn’t out there officiating.... by the way, you owe us all a steak dinner for saying the game wouldn’t be within 15.

The 3-pointer in the Dresden/Gleason game was a phenomenal shot, never hesitated... Dresden and Greenfield for the region championship will be a good one!