Who wins sectionals & why

Jaychapman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield,Dresden,Huntington,S-town Picket co,  Clay co, and have no clue or know anything about the other 4 teams. 

Clay co/Moore co should be the best sectional game.  I just said Clay cause they seem like the sleeper, Cinderella, hot team at the moment but Moore co could just as easily win.....

Unaka, Wartburg, Pickett, Moore, Summertown, Huntingdon, Greenfield, Dresden is my guess.  I really don't know much about the Memphis teams or East Tennessee teams.  I've seen some of the Moore County team at AAU events and I think they will be tough to beat at home.  I don't think the Memphis single A schedule is on par with Dresden/Greenfield, but BTW played a lot of out of state teams and you never know how good those teams were, maybe really good?  Who knows.

59 minutes ago, justanotherpcfan said:

Unaka, Wartburg, Pickett, Moore, Summertown, Huntingdon, Greenfield, Dresden is my guess.  I really don't know much about the Memphis teams or East Tennessee teams.  I've seen some of the Moore County team at AAU events and I think they will be tough to beat at home.  I don't think the Memphis single A schedule is on par with Dresden/Greenfield, but BTW played a lot of out of state teams and you never know how good those teams were, maybe really good?  Who knows.

I think Tellico will beat Unaka.

46 minutes ago, BULLRUSH said:

Unaka has won the last two by the skin of their teeth, playing at home will be a big help and they do play well there. on any given night they can shoot lights out put 80 up any many real good teams, but I agree it's going to be an uphill climb.

Not questioning how good Unaka could be, but they've only scored in the 80's one time this season when they scored 82 against a weak 12-19 Hampton team. Other than that high score, Unaka didn't even score in the 70's against any other team.

I am an Oak Ridge fan and realize Daniel Boone is the favorite tonight but not in my book. These Lady Wildcats have faced adversity like what the home team will throw at them and survived. Dowdell, Kassner, Golden, Bates, Guinn, Dean, Dunbar Eckles and company will be fine tonight. Oak Ridge is responsible for Tennessee 5 on 5 girls basketball and we will show why in Upper East Tennessee in 5 1/2 hours. Roll Lady Wildcats Roll.

Dyersburg-Haywood I honestly don't know. Dyersburg should win this, BUT Haywood is a tough environment for ANY TEAM to come into. Good thing Dyersburg has played Olive Branch and Memphis Central. Jamirah Shutes and Haywood are not gonna go down easily. Dyersburg has to play very sound defensively against her and make those shots heavily contested. Haywood's role players (#14, #13 and #42) are gonna have to play big tonight. Dyersburg's role players (#20, #21, and #23) have to look to score to take pressure off Bug and Sherrow.