Graham Clark Resigns!

6 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Where is WaCo??  This thread is not official until we here from him!!!

Oh sure, we're going to have a national search just like that national search for a basketball coach. Then end up with someone from within a 50 mile radius. Yeah they did alright on the basketball side if you look at who the last two coaches were. One a born looser and the other one grew into it, Their back to winning 20 games a year but will never make headlines at the state tourney like they did in the Van Huss days. 

This will be a local hire and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't name an assistant already on staff as head coach. I've always said its a darned if you do and darned if you don't situation with Clark. If he retires their bound to hire someone worse. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyReb20 said:

It is embarrassing for DB (one of the largest schools in the state) and I'm throwing SH, besides Pitts 3 state championships not to have won nothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.  Both schools well over 2000 students plus everyone they can sway from local schools and still have won nothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.  In recent memory 2 states from Sullivan North (baseball) and stole Ritz, still nothiiiiiiiiiiiing, 1 state Sullivan South (baseball), 1 state Unaka (basketball).  Last but not least Greenville (football).  Volleyball, softball, and track aren't relevant.  Please don't bring up the states that was voted on by the press, (they don't count).  I guess the folks in Kpt. and JC are happy with beating up on the local schools.

Im sure there are plenty of local kids who would like to transfer to DB or SH but in order to do that they either have to move or they have to pay tuition. That's not exactly easy for a lot families. 

SH has one of the top wrestling programs in the state. They finished State Runner-Up this year. A couple of guys won individual state championships. The boys soccer team is one of the best in the state each year and typically makes it to the state tourney every year. The state title has eluded them but they've been State Runner-Up in 96,98, 2011 and 2015. The baseball team won a state championship in 98 and has made it to state (although not won it) multiple times since then. The boys tennis team won the state title in 2002, 2007, 2008 and 2009. The girls team also won it in 2009. The girls basketball team has been State Runner-Up twice in the last couple of years. So I certainly wouldn't say SH's done nothing outside of Pitt's championship teams of the 90's. SH puts out competitive teams in virtually every sport every year. The same can be said for DB. To say they've done nothing is reaching. 

Good luck to DB on the upcoming hire and I'll step out on a limb and say that WHOEVER is hired.........WacoLoco won't approve of the hire, then he will humiliate and berate him repeatedly on this message board.....and then say that it's his right to bash the new coach and that the public verbal flogging is actually good for the program!!!!!

14 hours ago, persia said:

Out of the area? He went to high school at... Greeneville.  Then was at Jefferson County.  Not very far out of the area. 

I agree. Who thinks Jefferson County is 'out of the area'? Places like Atlanta, Charlotte, etc. are 'out of the area'  

As far as the vacancy goes, I would think that Derek Rang would be worthy of consideration. 

Edited by rolltriberoll

On 3/6/2018 at 3:16 PM, ShellbackIndian said:

A gooder friend text me and said make sure you watch the video.  I'm glad he did because seeing coach Clark give a shout out to WaCoJaCo was the best thing I've seen on a newscast in a long time.  But it also brings up the old rumor that coach Clark is actually WaCoJaCo.  Not sure if it's true or not but I've heard it enough to make me think there's something to it.

2u3v57l.jpg

Edited by SdotBears
Add word

2 hours ago, catswild said:

Good luck to DB on the upcoming hire and I'll step out on a limb and say that WHOEVER is hired.........WacoLoco won't approve of the hire, then he will humiliate and berate him repeatedly on this message board.....and then say that it's his right to bash the new coach and that the public verbal flogging is actually good for the program!!!!!

Okay you go ahead and step out on that limb. I'll show up with the saw. Sorry about your "man crush". I always give credit where credit is due. Oh, and one more thing......you're an Idiot. lol