Graham Clark Resigns!

Going to be very interesting to see the potential replacement list. Don't see DB staying too local on this one. Of all the potentials, only 3 that would even make sense (at semi-local schools). The 3 would be Carter, Witten, and Ballard. DB does not have pockets deep enough to go find someone in the private schools statewide. 

4 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Anybody think the new coach, who ever it is, will schedule more out of area teams to toughen up DB for playoff time?

In other words, think they will play any team from Rutherford or Williamson County during the regular season?

lol! It don't get much tougher than the schedule DB played this past season. And there was no Rutherford or Williamson County teams there. 

5 minutes ago, Gunslinger14 said:

Going to be very interesting to see the potential replacement list. Don't see DB staying too local on this one. Of all the potentials, only 3 that would even make sense (at semi-local schools). The 3 would be Carter, Witten, and Ballard. DB does not have pockets deep enough to go find someone in the private schools statewide. 

Yes, "if they stay local". Carter and Witten would be a lateral move and Ballard is off the table. I guess if I were in charge and someone held a knife to my throat and said choose local I would go with Witten.

Didn't Carter and the DB band director get into it a couple of years ago? I feel like I remember they got into a little scuffle during a game at DB. If that's right I'm pretty sure Carter's off the table. Ballard is definitely off the table. And I've heard SC is really happy at SH. Witten could be an interesting option. He's a good coach and he doesn't have nearly the talent at Elizabethton that he would have at DB. I think DB has far better options though and will end up with someone outside East TN.

Edited by WBNC83