Graham Clark Resigns!

14 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Didn't Carter and the DB band director get into it a couple of years ago? I feel like I remember they got into a little scuffle during a game at DB. If that's right I'm pretty sure Carter's off the table. Ballard is definitely off the table. And I've heard SC is really happy at SH. Witten could be an interesting option. He's a good coach and he doesn't have nearly the talent at Elizabethton that he would have at DB. I think DB has far better options though and will end up with someone outside East TN.

Why in the world would Witten want to go to DB?  He is the mayor of Elizabethton, goes deep into the playoffs, and legitimately has a chance to win in 4A (well not this year) than he does in 6A.  Why in the world would he want to go to Kingsport so that he can be bad mouthed by everyone in Elizabethan and Kingsport on a weekly basis?  

DB will go far out on this.  No one local.

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

Why in the world would Witten want to go to DB?  He is the mayor of Elizabethton, goes deep into the playoffs, and legitimately has a chance to win in 4A (well not this year) than he does in 6A.  Why in the world would he want to go to Kingsport so that he can be bad mouthed by everyone in Elizabethan and Kingsport on a weekly basis?  

DB will go far out on this.  No one local.

If they go far out and get a really good coach he won't be able to bring assistants with him. That means the Good ole' Boy network stays together. That won't be a happy marriage with an "outsider" coach. Witten would make the most since because he would go along just to get along.  Witten would come because the money would be better. Besides that, who wants to be mayor of Elizabethton?  

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If they go far out and get a really good coach he won't be able to bring assistants with him. That means the Good ole' Boy network stays together. That won't be a happy marriage with an "outsider" coach. Witten would make the most since because he would go along just to get along.  Witten would come because the money would be better. Besides that, who wants to be mayor of Elizabethton?  

He had it made there.  He worked years to get a new stadium and now he just needs to finally get elizabethton a state title.  There is zero hope that it will happen at DB.  Zero hope for SH.  A change in school culture in our area has made sports at the bottom of the totem pole.  Greeneville is one of the few places where you can make things happen.  As for bringing in assistants, there would need to be untenured positions open at the school, and DB wants to keep those test scores super high.  If an assistant meets those requirements, you’re in business.  We don’t live in a football area.  As far as pay goes.... I’d imagine that yes DB is a raise, but that head coach’s job isn’t some extraordinary 100k a year job.

3 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Waco maybee thay cood git a hole bus load ov tha Good Ole Boys all att woncest.....:popcorneater:

Related image

You done gone and done it now Stars. If they see this pic up here in Kingsport they'll be asking Pal Barger to buy the coaching staff a new Prevost to travel in. Ain't nobody gonna' out do Kangsport on "Bling"

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

lol! It don't get much tougher than the schedule DB played this past season. And there was no Rutherford or Williamson County teams there. 

Well just answer one thing then.  How far has y'alls  'HARD SCHEDULE' gotten you in the playoffs these last 20 years or so?

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Well just answer one thing then.  How far has y'alls  'HARD SCHEDULE' gotten you in the playoffs these last 20 years or so?

In your original post you were trying to say DB needs to play teams from Rutherford and Williamson Co. to get "toughened up" for the playoffs. I simply pointed out that DB is playing teams from Blount and Green Co which are obviously better than anything Rutherford and Williamson has to offer. Move one of your schools up here and see how many times you make it to the championship game. 

On 3/9/2018 at 5:59 PM, SdotBears said:

Now that is interesting 

It was pretty funny. It was right afyer the WB 8th graders dad posted his son would be going to WB. There was congratulating posts . One of them said something like"32hammer" doesn't get it. After that same freshman rb transferred to maryville after 1 game. There were no follow up posts. Lol

• Upvote 1