Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Yes our district does get a bad wrap. Clarksburg has played better out of district the past couple of years. It hurt when Peterson transferred to Dresden last year. They have some key pieces returning this year so they should be better. Huntingdon will be a solid team come postseason time and wont go down without a fight. I think they will struggle at times because they do lose their point guard and their top rebounder. I just think that this is McKenzie's year to win the district. They have their best player back, best defender, and get a starter back from an acl. Depending on how effective Kaci Fuller is on both ends of the floor, determines how far this team will go.

Our district won region 6 last season. That's a pretty big deal. My pick for impact player of the year is Tyasia Reed of Huntingdon. Nobody ever mentions her. I think she's a big time player.

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Our district won region 6 last season. That's a pretty big deal. My pick for impact player of the year is Tyasia Reed of Huntingdon. Nobody ever mentions her. I think she's a big time player.

That was a different team last year. Yall lost several key pieces from graduation . Still you have the luxury of playing in the weakest district in the state. It just wont be a cake walk as usual for Huntingdon from what I seen over the summer with those losses.

9 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

That was a different team last year. Yall lost several key pieces from graduation . Still you have the luxury of playing in the weakest district in the state. It just wont be a cake walk as usual for Huntingdon from what I seen over the summer with those losses.

I think it will be more competitive this year. I think we can all agree that Huntingdon is a unknown coming into this year. Yes they lose their stars from last year, but you have Alli jones, reed and Swenson returning. I know McKenzie scheduled up in non district play adding Greenfield and Dresden. Clarksburg doesn't lose very much off of last years team as well. On what croppy said, Reed has the potential to be player of the year. She has the skills and is a match up problem for teams. I noticed a couple of things with her last year. 1. is that she is very foul prone and 2. she is very turnover prone. If she can work on those things she will be hard to stop.

13 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I think it will be more competitive this year. I think we can all agree that Huntingdon is a unknown coming into this year. Yes they lose their stars from last year, but you have Alli jones, reed and Swenson returning. I know McKenzie scheduled up in non district play adding Greenfield and Dresden. Clarksburg doesn't lose very much off of last years team as well. On what croppy said, Reed has the potential to be player of the year. She has the skills and is a match up problem for teams. I noticed a couple of things with her last year. 1. is that she is very foul prone and 2. she is very turnover prone. If she can work on those things she will be hard to stop.

In district play Reed will be a matchup problem - out of district not so much a factor. Huntingdon is missing a ball handler and Swenson is the only one I seen showing consistency in scoring at the camps. Jones and Reed consistency just isn’t there especially with Jones handling the ball. McKenzie will for sure see where they are at playing Weakley County teams. I see that district going McKenzie, Huntingdon, Clarksburg, West Carroll, Bruceton, Big Sandy. Huntingdon might squeak by if they can keep Bennett in foul trouble.

3 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

In district play Reed will be a matchup problem - out of district not so much a factor. Huntingdon is missing a ball handler and Swenson is the only one I seen showing consistency in scoring at the camps. Jones and Reed consistency just isn’t there especially with Jones handling the ball. McKenzie will for sure see where they are at playing Weakley County teams. I see that district going McKenzie, Huntingdon, Clarksburg, West Carroll, Bruceton, Big Sandy. Huntingdon might squeak by if they can keep Bennett in foul trouble.

Great Post! 

20 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Fillies definitely has their hands full with McKenzie and maybe Clarksburg. If a couple young players step up and if Fuller makes it back in January. She's 2 steps faster than anybody in the region then the Fillies could be a factor statewide by tournament time!

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, Croppygenius said:

Fillies definitely has their hands full with McKenzie and maybe Clarksburg. If a couple young players step up and if Fuller makes it back in January. She's 2 steps faster than anybody in the region then the Fillies could be a factor statewide by tournament time!

Most definitely. She is the x factor for that team.  With her they should get back to the state tournament but without her they could have problems.

2 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Most definitely. She is the x factor for that team.  With her they should get back to the state tournament but without her they could have problems.

Watched Clarksburg at Jamboree Saturday. I think they might surprise some in your district. A lot of speed on that team. Dont get me wrong by no means do I think they get past regionals but if they put 4 quarters together they might upset somebody in the district.