Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

Just now, Greenfieldfan said:

So Crockett County is a legitimate team is all I was saying when you jumped on  me. I never said GC was scared of Crockett but Crockett would love to play GC just like Greenfield would love to play Westview. 

I didn't jump on you brother. That was another post. Wasn't me. I just was maybe trying to figure it out myself but we have a good relationship with Kayla and Coach Colvin. They did beat us in a jamboree. I was saying Huntingdon must have taken their place. We don't play any AA teams on a two game set a year. I guess coach is wanting to get acquainted without Greenfield and Gleason's of the world before maybe meeting them in Region and state.

Summertown and Loretto get ready to bump heads this Thursday night.  I'm thinking they may get to play each other a couple more times.  Should be a good game with season district championship on the line.  Summertown will come out swinging to try to win this game and be co-champs with Loretto.  Game will not mean a lot in the big picture, but it'll be fun to watch.

46 minutes ago, gogold said:

Summertown and Loretto get ready to bump heads this Thursday night.  I'm thinking they may get to play each other a couple more times.  Should be a good game with season district championship on the line.  Summertown will come out swinging to try to win this game and be co-champs with Loretto.  Game will not mean a lot in the big picture, but it'll be fun to watch.

When you get to Region, Huntingdon has gotten better and will not be a cakewalk. I imagine the runner up in the tournament will possibly meet them in the semis. Right?

The Summertown - Loretto game Thursday really doesn't mean much.  In that district tournament, there is not much difference in being the 1 seed or the 2 seed.  The district tournament championship will be huge.  I can't imagine either team wants to play Huntingdon in a region semifinal game.  Huntingdon is definitely getting better and could beat either Summertown or Loretto

4 minutes ago, maddams said:

The Summertown - Loretto game Thursday really doesn't mean much.  In that district tournament, there is not much difference in being the 1 seed or the 2 seed.  The district tournament championship will be huge.  I can't imagine either team wants to play Huntingdon in a region semifinal game.  Huntingdon is definitely getting better and could beat either Summertown or Loretto

Huntingdon is a Point Guard away from being real good. They miss Kasey Fuller in a bad way.

Edited by pioneer42

19 minutes ago, maddams said:

I will say this about Summertown and Loretto: they're guards are very solid.  If Huntingdon's guards struggle, it could be a long night against either team.  Recently Huntingdon's guards seem to be playing pretty well

Fillies are playing better. We're a long quick team. Play good defense and rebound well, very quick to the ball. Our PG is 5'11, very fast and our best rebounder.  This team could beat anybody if they play their best game. We have trouble holding on to leads in the 4th qt because we don't rest our starters. Would favor Summertown and Loretto over the Fillies but I would surely be worried about this squad.

Huntingdon's always a tough out and traveling to Bethel makes it even harder.  I don't think either team will take that game lightly.   That's one of the reasons Loretto went to play there this summer at the Bethel team camp.  I really like the way we are playing.  Karly Weather's is the real deal and all starters are scorers.  I think the coach has gotten their defense pretty tight.  It's not taken into strength of schedule but we played 4 of the top 4- A teams in Alabama and won.  We know how to win on the road, but we'll get a great test at Summertown this Thursday.  They don't lose much at home.  I'd hate to catch Huntingdon in the semi's, but if we play our game, we should win it. 

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Huntingdon is a Point Guard away from being real good. They miss Kasey Fuller in a bad way.

Got a special surprise tonight. When I got seated I noticed Kaycee Fuller was dressed to play.  She played about 5 min in both halves and looked good. Little rusty but dived into stands after a loose ball in first minute. She ain't got but one speed and that's wide open. Fillies are gonna be a pretty good team by the regionals.

28 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Got a special surprise tonight. When I got seated I noticed Kaycee Fuller was dressed to play.  She played about 5 min in both halves and looked good. Little rusty but dived into stands after a loose ball in first minute. She ain't got but one speed and that's wide open. Fillies are gonna be a pretty good team by the regionals.

Fuller is a player. That will help you tremendously.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Wow that's a great sign for the Fillies. I didn't go to the game, good thing I didn't lol. Kaci Fuller on the floor and playing healthy is a great sign for the Fillies. If she is able to shake the rust off, then she will be tough to stop.