Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

1 hour ago, MrYAIFAN said:

Kassie Monday held Stong to 5 points and strong scored 2 more while Monday was on the bench for a total of 7 on the night and they held Arms to 13. Clay may have beaten Clarkrange at clay but that was the worst game clarkrange has played all year. You take the two “And one” calls that the refs took away from clarkrange and they would have won the game at clay. 

I didn’t think Clarkrange would lose.  I said the opposite.  Read my posts on Clarkrange.   But if Taylor can score 30 and Arms 10-15 then Clay can play with anyone in class A.  If Strong can’t score then they can be blown out because they don’t have anyone to makeup the points.

I am surprised that Kassie held Taylor to 5pts with the size difference.  But she is soooo fast.  Anyway that was a good win for Clarkrange.  

Kassie done an awesome job. Its hard to stop the twins on offense when they get started and they have proven what great defensive players they are. Both work very hard and don't let size play a role in what they set out to do. Chloe Howard also done very good on Arms. Not taking anything from Clay. They are a very good team. It was Clarkrange's night and they handled everything they needed to. A 25 point win took team effort and that's what Clarkrange had last night. Everybody done their part to get the job done

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrYAIFAN said:

Kassie Monday held Stong to 5 points and strong scored 2 more while Monday was on the bench for a total of 7 on the night and they held Arms to 13. Clay may have beaten Clarkrange at clay but that was the worst game clarkrange has played all year. You take the two “And one” calls that the refs took away from clarkrange and they would have won the game at clay. 

I’m not a Clarkrange fan at all, but I was looking for a good game to attend last night and visited Clarkrange. The Clarkrange team has 5 great players, that would be hard to beat if all of them play to their full potential. But from what I seen last night they played good team defense, with helping on Strong. One person didn’t just guard Strong, all of the girls was in help side the whole night. I’ve watched Clarkrange play some and last night was the first night I’ve seen them share the ball like they did. If the two twins continue to try and take all the shots, Clarkrange’s season will end short like it did last year. If they play and share the ball like everyone did last night, I believe they have a great chance of winning state. Coach Rogers will work it all out in the end!

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Clark Range has proven to me they are the team to beat in what use to be 7A, they will be in Murfreesboro this year. Im hoping to see GC, Greenfield, Clark Range, Clay County, Summertown, Loretto and Tellico Plains. That would be a great tournament. Those are your top 7 teams in the state in my opinion.

Clarkrange is a good team. I will say this. The team that plays with the most poise and doesn't get rattled during tournament time usually wins it. You guys did a good job last year. We were up on you guys by 13 in the semis and yow had tight games with Pickett, Huntingdon and Summertown but yow kept your cool and played with a lot of poise. Almost here. We got Huntingdon tonight at Huntingdon. Seen where you guys had a good win last night.

59 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Clarkrange is a good team. I will say this. The team that plays with the most poise and doesn't get rattled during tournament time usually wins it. You guys did a good job last year. We were up on you guys by 13 in the semis and yow had tight games with Pickett, Huntingdon and Summertown but yow kept your cool and played with a lot of poise. Almost here. We got Huntingdon tonight at Huntingdon. Seen where you guys had a good win last night.

I wouldn't worry about the Fillies. Haven't beat a good team all year!

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I wouldn't worry about the Fillies. Haven't beat a good team all year!

District 11 is so hard to watch this year. McKenzie has underperformed. McKenzie's head coach is on the hot seat. Fan base and Parents are upset that we have regressed as the season has went on.  After slamming Clarksburg and Bradford earlier in the year, we lose to them. Its very frustrating to watch. 

22 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

District 11 is so hard to watch this year. McKenzie has underperformed. McKenzie's head coach is on the hot seat. Fan base and Parents are upset that we have regressed as the season has went on.  After slamming Clarksburg and Bradford earlier in the year, we lose to them. Its very frustrating to watch. 

I agree, I’ve seen Mckenzie twice this year, they have the tools to be good . But have been going down hill the past several games. I said at the beginning of the year that they would be the team to beat in that district but now I just don’t see that happening. Maybe they will get things figured out 

56 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

I agree, I’ve seen Mckenzie twice this year, they have the tools to be good . But have been going down hill the past several games. I said at the beginning of the year that they would be the team to beat in that district but now I just don’t see that happening. Maybe they will get things figured out 

Yea we are very out of shape and we just quit mentally in the second half. The downfall was that we only practiced one time while we were out for Christmas break so we lost our mojo. Coach doesn't work the girls in practice. They just run plays all practice long and they don't work on fundamentals. Underachieving 2 years in a row is not acceptable. We were picked to win the district and the way we have played all year, well that's not going to happen.