Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

38 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you, can Clay beat CR again next week?

Winning at Clarkrange is a tall task for any team no matter the classification so they will be a prohibitive under dog no doubt. I look for CR to hold serve on their home floor and win the district title but once they face off on a neutral floor I give Clay the advantage. I look for both to be in the state tournament based on tonight’s outcome but don’t count Pickett out.  They are well coached and will be a tough out and anything can happen come tournament time. Having said all of that I’m not sure we will field a team that can win it all this year. I think Greenfield and GC are the two best teams in Class A. 

55 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you, can Clay beat CR again next week?

I think Clay has the best offensive player  in the district.  She can put 30 on anyone.  They have a post with some size and a nice mid range jumper.    Throw in some scrappy guards and you have a dangerous team.   If Strong scores 30 at Clarkrange anything can happen.   But I am with @UCSportsFan I think if they beat them it will be in tournament.  

Edited by LadyCavsFan

20 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Winning at Clarkrange is a tall task for any team no matter the classification so they will be a prohibitive under dog no doubt. I look for CR to hold serve on their home floor and win the district title but once they face off on a neutral floor I give Clay the advantage. I look for both to be in the state tournament based on tonight’s outcome but don’t count Pickett out.  They are well coached and will be a tough out and anything can happen come tournament time. Having said all of that I’m not sure we will field a team that can win it all this year. I think Greenfield and GC are the two best teams in Class A. 

I wouldn't say that. Clarkrange will be tough. I seen them this summer and they can play. I have never ever seen the parity in HS basketball in West TN like it is this year. Any body can be beat on a given night. We have seen it already.

23 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Thank you UC for the updates and your opinion. 

Been watching basketball for many years, any of you old timers remember the Gibson County, Middleton and South Greene teams back in 2016 state tournament?  I may be nostalgic, but all three of those teams have a running clock against many of these top single A teams that we are going on and on about. IMO, that makes single A wide open at the BORO. Get hot at the right time and take home the gold ball.  There are at least 10 frontrunners now.