Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

7 hours ago, BullShark said:

Been watching basketball for many years, any of you old timers remember the Gibson County, Middleton and South Greene teams back in 2016 state tournament?  I may be nostalgic, but all three of those teams have a running clock against many of these top single A teams that we are going on and on about. IMO, that makes single A wide open at the BORO. Get hot at the right time and take home the gold ball.  There are at least 10 frontrunners now.

I believe your right. Reason I say if I am Wilkins I take our two or three best defenders and faceguard every one else's best players on defense and attack all night on offense playing up tempo.

14 hours ago, BullShark said:

Been watching basketball for many years, any of you old timers remember the Gibson County, Middleton and South Greene teams back in 2016 state tournament?  I may be nostalgic, but all three of those teams have a running clock against many of these top single A teams that we are going on and on about. IMO, that makes single A wide open at the BORO. Get hot at the right time and take home the gold ball.  There are at least 10 frontrunners now.

You are exactly right.  I haven’t seen a team this year that would have really competed with any of those 3 teams.   They were all on another level. 

16 hours ago, BullShark said:

I agree !!

23 hours ago, BullShark said:

I remember them do you remember the Jackson County teams from 99-2015?  Or the Clarkrange teams from that same era?  I promise you we have fielded some teams that would’ve had a running clock against those same teams you’re talking about and maybe even the ones you’re so proud of. 

7 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I remember them do you remember the Jackson County teams from 99-2015?  Or the Clarkrange teams from that same era?  I promise you we have fielded some teams that would’ve had a running clock against those same teams you’re talking about and maybe even the ones you’re so proud of. 

I sure do.  They were outstanding as were the Gleason teams of 10 or so years ago. Someone please explain with all the emphasis on travel ball, how the whole single A has become so watered down.

1 hour ago, Newkidontheblock said:

Union City and Jackson County had some battles a few years ago, but both have dropped off in recent years. Is it only A ball, though?? AA looks down from what it used to be also. Mention of travel ball makes me wonder if it benefits AAA more than others. But there's not much AAA in West Tn.

That’s is not true about AA ball!! AA is as tough if not tougher now than ever before! AA it’s no clear front runner this like in the past, but do that mean AA is down or do that simply mean AA is more complex this year? I am a firm believer until somebody beats the Defending champions they are clearly the front runner in back to back AA champions Upperman! Any top 8 teams that makes it to state will have a chance of taking that gold ball home! 

54 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

That’s is not true about AA ball!! AA is as tough if not tougher now than ever before! AA it’s no clear front runner this like in the past, but do that mean AA is down or do that simply mean AA is more complex this year? I am a firm believer until somebody beats the Defending champions they are clearly the front runner in back to back AA champions Upperman! Any top 8 teams that makes it to state will have a chance of taking that gold ball home! 

Sorry, I was talking about West Tn ball there and just didn't make the distinction. AA is good but West Tn AA is nothing like it was when Obion, Westview, Gibson, Dyersburg, and Milan (who had some really good years there for a bit) were battling it out in the same district every year. 

47 minutes ago, Newkidontheblock said:

Sorry, I was talking about West Tn ball there and just didn't make the distinction. AA is good but West Tn AA is nothing like it was when Obion, Westview, Gibson, Dyersburg, and Milan (who had some really good years there for a bit) were battling it out in the same district every year. 

Oh you mean 13AA is not like it use to be? 

59 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I still cant believe that UCsportsfan said the above quote so I highlighted it.

There’s not much difference between the better class A teams and AA teams in West Tennessee this year. 

I feel like in a one or two game series this could possibly be true! I feel if any single A team was in our district/region 14AA or 7AA region I feel playing ya on a daily it will be different. In my opinion I know Gibson Co beat us(South Side) in their gym, but I will almost guarantee you it would be a completely different game at our house! We beat Greenfield twice on a neutral court. Both are good teams don’t get me wrong, but we play tougher competition