Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

3 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Westview won’t play y’all because of Chloe and Tess?  That’s a serious question as i haven’t heard that. But total agree on hoping to see greenfield in the region finals.   Would be a great atmosphere and I feel like both teams have potential to win it all 

Gfield fan is delusional. I don't personally know Coach Haskins, but I do know that they're 1 of 2 Nike Elite Schools that are recognized by Nike in Tennessee. I know Wilkins doesn't "dodge" anyone and neither does Westview. WV didn't dodge with their prior coach (now at Gleason), nor does Haskins.  We here at Gibson County get a little bashing or trash talk against us, because we haven't won a championship in a few years, but the same person talking about us not playing Crockett this year evidently doesn't realize the Jackson South Side team that got beat by 30 or 32 by Westview and beat by GC, beat Greenfield twice this year. Westview will probably have a hard time winning at Crockett, but WV beat them earlier this year at WV's place. That Gfield fan should be done with this conversation and that was one of the stupidest things he's ever posted on Coach T.  If Greenfield's head coach gets on these boards,  I bet he absolutely loves him for stuff like this. (sarcasm)

Edited by SuperFan14A

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

That’s not what I said, you are trying to twist my words. With Chloe, Tess and this group of girls we would beat Westview.  I’ll just say after this bunch leaves the odds shift back to Westview. Westview doesn’t want to play us right now. I am done with this conversation. 

Westview folks if you're on here, please show this to Coach Haskins. We've known all along with WV's 5 or 6 straight trips to Murfreesboro, they've been ducking Greenfield for years and now the cat is out of the bag. That's funny and Absolutely Delusional, if you really believe what you posted. I have no doubt in my mind, that Gibson County- Jackson South Side- Westview-Crockett County (now)...will play anyone anywhere. After playing Jackson SS, WV, and Greenfield....I don't think Greenfield would beat either SS (if you played them a 3rd time) or WV. They're too deep and Greenfield has no bench. We match up with WV because we play so many and don't drop off much. I'll let you go back to fantasy land and enlighten the Coacht T world now. lol

2 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Westview folks if you're on here, please show this to Coach Haskins. We've known all along with WV's 5 or 6 straight trips to Murfreesboro, they've been ducking Greenfield for years and now the cat is out of the bag. That's funny and Absolutely Delusional, if you really believe what you posted. I have no doubt in my mind, that Gibson County- Jackson South Side- Westview-Crockett County (now)...will play anyone anywhere. After playing Jackson SS, WV, and Greenfield....I don't think Greenfield would beat either SS (if you played them a 3rd time) or WV. They're too deep and Greenfield has no bench. We match up with WV because we play so many and don't drop off much. I'll let you go back to fantasy land and enlighten the Coacht T world now. lol

I think I got him mad when I said there was very little defense in the Crockett County Greenfield game. Let's just say this. Every body can't play everybody. I don't think anyone is scared to play anyone. I think GC understandably wants to play as many good and decent Single A schools first to become familiar with them and fill the rest with good AA teams or AAA teams. Greenfield is good and has some good players and has my and the state's respect and probably is the favorite to win it because they won it last year but I don't think any one is dodging them or scared of them. 

• Like 1

Pickett County travels to Clay County tonight and then Clay travels to Clarkrange on Tuesday. District tournament seedlings for the top three are now on the line. The #1 seed in the tournament avoids the other two until the championship game which is huge. If Clay wins both games they are the 1 seed if they win tonight but lose on Tuesday they finish 2nd. Should be a great atmosphere in Celina tonight!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

That could very well setup who goes to state. You need to be #1 seed in that district.  Just an outsider looking in but I expect Clay to win tonight but to lose to Clarkrange. Where is the Clay/CR game? 

Actually the district tournament runner up has a cake walk to the state tournament. There are only these 3 teams to contend with. No one out of district 5 has a chance to win a game in the region tournament and no one out of region 4  has a prayer of winning at home or on the road in a substate game.  If Clay wins at home tonight then the game AT Clarkrange on Tuesday will be for 1st place in the regular season.  Clay beat Clarkrange at home a couple of weeks ago. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Actually the district tournament runner up has a cake walk to the state tournament. There are only these 3 teams to contend with. No one out of district 5 has a chance to win a game in the region tournament and no one out of region 4  has a prayer of winning at home or on the road in a substate game.  If Clay wins at home tonight then the game AT Clarkrange on Tuesday will be for 1st place in the regular season.  Clay beat Clarkrange at home a couple of weeks ago. 

Clarkrange is the team to beat, IMO. They have lost 2 or 3 but we all have. Clarkrange and GC both should have been there last year.

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Don’t you need to win the district. Arent your 2-3 are in same side of region. I don’t think Clay can beat CR again. 

Greenfield 43

Gleadon 24 after 3 qtr.

The Greenfield press is killing Gleason. Tess Darby is a rebounding machine. Edie Darby Is everywhere on both ends of the court. The Darby sisters are putting on a show. Awesome game girls  you are peaking at the right time  

56-29. 2:00 remaining and both teams subbing. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Don’t you need to win the district. Arent your 2-3 are in same side of region. I don’t think Clay can beat CR again. 

1 and 3 of your district tourney are in the same bracket and 2 and 4 are in the same bracket. Good win tonight. You obviously dictated pace and got out of the 24-20 game.