Class 1A Mr Football Prospects ?

Shownuff

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Bryce Hanley should definitely be a finalist this year with Gilbert gone I believe the reigning Blue Cross/ Blue Shield game offensive MVP will be able to rack up enough stats even though Greenback has a ton of weapons. Unlike a lot of one pony shows that play a weak schedule and rack up ridiculous numbers. Bryce would also be our defensive MVP or tied with Reece Plemons. If you actually gave the award to the best "Football Player" in single A Bryce Hanley should win it hands down.

During the regular season ,who other than Coalfield was loaded.After that I see a few 4 loss team,5 loss teams and even 7 and 9 loss teams.Not any different from most other region teams in Single A.If I'm not mistaken Johnson had over 200 yards against Dresden who was ranked about number 3 in the state at the time and I believe only lost 2 games.

Edited by mrbigster

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

He’s a great player for sure that is surrounded by an unbelievable senior class. Raulston at SP is also individually one of the top overall 1A players.  You know that I’m not an SP homer type poster. However, I think overall Raulston might be as good as any one player in 1A. I’m not putting him over Hanley, your RB, or several of the kids at Whitwell in the east, but he’s really good too. 

Raulston is great as well and he does it on both sides of the ball. He is definitely a front runner also for 1A Mr. Football. If, and its a big if we can slow him down in the 4th round we should be back in Cookville.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

During the regular season ,who other than Coalfield was loaded.After that I see a few 4 loss team,5 loss teams and even 7 and 9 loss teams.Not any different from most other region teams in Single A.If I'm not mistaken Johnson had over 200 yards against Dresden who was ranked about number 3 in the state at the time and I believe only lost 2 games.

Other than Coalfield our region did stink. Our non region schedule is pretty tough. Loudon 3a 3rd round, Kings Acadamy D2 playoffs , Grace Christian D2 playoffs , CAK D2 not very good. I hope you make it this year and show us all the horses in the stable. Should be fun to watch.

Just now, GHSblackhelmet said:

Other than Coalfield our region did stink. Our non region schedule is pretty tough. Loudon 3a 3rd round, Kings Acadamy D2 playoffs , Grace Christian D2 playoffs , CAK D2 not very good. I hope you make it this year and show us all the horses in the stable. Should be fun to watch.

Kings beat GCA the only team to win over us.(Notice i said win not beat us)LMBO!

58 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I'm hoping so too.At worst we'd be state runnerup.But a long way to go.Huntingdon,Dresden,Freedom Prep,Hillcrest and maybe even injuries could play a part.

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

I'm hoping so too.At worst we'd be state runnerup.But a long way to go.Huntingdon,Dresden,Freedom Prep,Hillcrest and maybe even injuries could play a part.

Injuries can play a major factor especially at this level and not much depth. I am anxious to see what Freedom Prep does this year. That Freshman QB is a talent for sure.

2 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Injuries can play a major factor especially at this level and not much depth. I am anxious to see what Freedom Prep does this year. That Freshman QB is a talent for sure.

I am too.They had some good looking athletes last year and I remember a running back that could fly.Seems like in about the first 5 minutes he turned the corner and was gone.After that LC shut them down.I think they have 10 starters returning.Hope he's the one they list but doubt it.Hope y'all stay injury free and have a great year which I'm sure you will

On 8/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, mrbigster said:

if Johnson stays injury free ,think he could break that record if the coach chooses to give him a chance.

I hope Dez has a great year this year. His numbers barring injury will be there. Don't look for Dez to carrying the ball much in 4th quarter. I am really looking forward to seeing the freshman running back Miguel Abbott and junior Larry Tubbs carry the ball to help take the load off Dez. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I hope Dez has a great year this year. His numbers barring injury will be there. Don't look for Dez to carrying the ball much in 4th quarter. I am really looking forward to seeing the freshman running back Miguel Abbott and junior Larry Tubbs carry the ball to help take the load off Dez. 

Havent seen Abbot since last year as an eight grader but hes going to be a good one.And if Tubbs can stay healthy this year,could be a difference maker