Region 7 2A aka Slobberknockers

PeabodyPride

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Cmon man... really? In 2 games Peabody outscored you guys 91-7... & you’re saying that Peabody didn’t shut you guys down? I usually agree with a lot of what you say but this is really far out there man. 

Can anyone READ.  I said The first half of the playoff game. Were we winning. If so you did not shut us down then. And in the second half we went back to our predictable offense. Heck no one said we were better. 

25 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Can anyone READ.  I said The first half of the playoff game. Were we winning. If so you did not shut us down then. And in the second half we went back to our predictable offense. Heck no one said we were better. 

BigEdMo in his evaluation is correct!!! Yes we beat the snot of TCA but the battle plain in the first half of the playoffs was spot on and it took adjustments by the Tide to get the W !!! I by no means think TCA had the athletes to hang for 4 and that's fact,but I do agree they played like David against Goliath for 2 quarters !!!  When you have the Athletes and coaching PHS has you might occasionally drop a game or a half but not often, its football,its kids,it ole Mo Men Tom  and on any given Friday the best team doesnt win !!! In closing if I was a school that had 20 total players and lost ridiculously in the regular season to a loaded  Tide team I would be tootin my squads horn if we had a stalemate basically going into the half wouldnt you ????

Golden Tide

The Golden Tradition 

Fear Tha Tide

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Tide21 said:

You guys didn’t stick to the game plan because we came out in the second half and shut it down. 

So here you clearly state that due to your own teams adjustments you were able to shut down the advancements of the opposing team.

13 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

No no. Let’s not get to out there. You beat us and that is a given. We went back to an old offense set in the second half. Not because you stoped the offense in the first. Remember we lead at half. Defense we lost our starting LB which affected the D. I am Not taking anything away from you guys. We would not have been able to hang. But it was not that you caused us to change. It was voluntary. 

Here he is stating that due to the adjustments of his coaches ( which was a mistake ) that the opposing team took advantage of the coaching flaw and was able to come back and beat your team handidly.

19 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

BigEdMo in his evaluation is correct!!! Yes we beat the snot of TCA but the battle plain in the first half of the playoffs was spot on and it took adjustments by the Tide to get the W !!! I by no means think TCA had the athletes to hang for 4 and that's fact,but I do agree they played like David against Goliath for 2 quarters !!!  When you have the Athletes and coaching PHS has you might occasionally drop a game or a half but not often, its football,its kids,it ole Mo Men Tom  and on any given Friday the best team doesnt win !!! In closing if I was a school that had 20 total players and lost ridiculously in the regular season to a loaded  Tide team I would be tootin my squads horn if we had a stalemate basically going into the half wouldnt you ????

Golden Tide

The Golden Tradition 

Fear Tha Tide

And here we establish that there was a valiant effort from TCA that was eventually thwarted by the Unstoppable Tide ( unless you are Gibson County ) in a 4 quarter battle.

I feel like you two use to be married and the rest of us have to watch the custody battle that ensues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

I can read quite well my friend. TCA scored 7 points in the 1st half of the 2nd round playoff game. TCA did come out & spread Peabody across the field & made a few plays. TCA did lead 7-0 at half... TCA did give up 41 unanswered points in 2 quarters. 

My original post was saying that Peabody was leaps & bounds better than everyone they played & beat everyone by double digits outside of Milan & the loss to GC. So I’m not quite sure what point you were trying to make by stating TCA had a 7-0 lead at half? I wouldn’t say you guys had Peabody “on the ropes” with a 1 possession lead at half. Maybe with a lead at the start of the 4th quarter... & trust me, I know you never said TCA could hang or was better, but you ought to know better than to try to base an argument on a 7-0 lead at half. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

25 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I can read quite well my friend. TCA scored 7 points in the 1st half of the 2nd round playoff game. TCA did come out & spread Peabody across the field & made a few plays. TCA did lead 7-0 at half... TCA did give up 41 unanswered points in 2 quarters. 

My original post was saying that Peabody was leaps & bounds better than everyone they played & beat everyone by double digits outside of Milan & the loss to GC. So I’m not quite sure what point you were trying to make by stating TCA had a 7-0 lead at half? I wouldn’t say you guys had Peabody “on the ropes” with a 1 possession lead at half. Maybe with a lead at the start of the 4th quarter... & trust me, I know you never said TCA could hang or was better, but you ought to know better than to try to base an argument on a 7-0 lead at half. 

I think that Milan, Gibson Co. and Trousdale Co. would disagree with this statement. Don’t get me wrong you won 2 of those 3 games and a gold ball so much respect and I tip my hat to you guys. But let’s call a spade a spade. It took a miracle completion on 4th and forever with less than a min to go in the 4th for you guys to beat us and Trousdale Co was a defensive war with you guys. In my book that does not qualify as “leaps and bounds”. Better yes but not “leaps and bounds”. JMO. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think that Milan, Gibson Co. and Trousdale Co. would disagree with this statement. Don’t get me wrong you won 2 of those 3 games and a gold ball so much respect and I tip my hat to you guys. But let’s call a spade a spade. It took a miracle completion on 4th and forever with less than a min to go in the 4th for you guys to beat us and Trousdale Co was a defensive war with you guys. In my book that does not qualify as “leaps and bounds”. Better yes but not “leaps and bounds”. JMO. 

Gibson beating us didn’t mean they were good. They were better than their usual.  Gibson county simply got lucky all the cards fell their way that night.  How many touchdowns did we get called back that night against Milan ? and the pass completion wasn’t a miracle it hit halbrook in the hands. 

Edited by Tide21

9 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There you go again.... shaking them dang bushes..... lol!!

Hahahahaha. Yes. But that was my whole point. If little ole TCA hung for a half in the second round. And then only we switched offense the next half. Then Milan, GC etc would have a say so.  I knew Someone would highlight that. And the last bush shake. If Peabody posters feel like they are leaps and bounds better than everyone then you know the kids thinks that. That is not a good thing. Again good luck and rooting for the tide. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes I should clarify. I don’t consider Peabody to be leaps & bounds better than Milan. When I mentioned outside of Milan on the double digit scoring, I was trying to say Peabody wasn’t “leaps & bounds” better either. Milan & Peabody are almost even to me. You’re exactly right on that part of it. But do you not think Peabody was a better football team than Milan last year? I think they were slightly better. They proved that by winning that game whether it was a “miracle completion” or not. The clock had yet to strike zero & Peabody played it through the end. But yes you are right on the leaps & bounds part for those mentioned teams. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

50 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Gibson beating us didn’t mean they were good. They were better than their usual.  Gibson county simply got lucky all the cards fell their way that night.  How many touchdowns did we get called back that night against Milan ? and the pass completion wasn’t a miracle it hit halbrook in the hands. 

I hear ya. Agree about Gibson Co. I by no means think the completion was luck. The kid has the skills to make that throw. But let’s be honest. He got drilled when he let that ball go. They were down to the last play and Milan sent the house. 99%of High school qbs would not have made that play. He is the exception.  And if he does that play 10 times he misses it just as much as he makes it. To me the good lord was shining on you guys that night. Nothing wrong with that and as I said before I thought you guys were the better team that night. We will see how it goes this year. 

38 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Yes I should clarify. I don’t consider Peabody to be leaps & bounds better than Milan. When I mentioned outside of Milan on the double digit scoring, I was trying to say Peabody wasn’t “leaps & bounds” better either. Milan & Peabody are almost even to me. You’re exactly right on that part of it. But do you not think Peabody was a better football team than Milan last year? I think they were slightly better. They proved that by winning that game whether it was a “miracle completion” or not. The clock had yet to strike zero & Peabody played it through the end. But yes you are right on the leaps & bounds part for those mentioned teams. 

Yes I do think Peabody was the better team. If you go back and read my original post again you will se I said they were better just not leaps and bounds. I agree with you that the teams were pretty even. I think that Peabody was better than us for 3qtrs of that game as they were up by 2 scores going into the 4th. But Milan seemed to be getting stronger late in the game and Peabody was running out of gas as evidence by a few players going out with cramps in the 4th qtr. I think had the game lasted another few mins we may could have got you. If we played y’all later in the season the cramps may not have been an issue and I don’t know if we could have closed the gap in the 4th. We’ll see have it goes this year. Should be another great game.