Alcoa Tornadoes host Grace Christian, Thursday , Aug.16th

BCsportsfan

40 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Bradley offense keeps this one tight for 3 quarters... but then the reigning champs will put the Rams under the barn in the 4th as they blow through Karns to a week 1 win.

Alcoa 35  Grace 24

Overall I think Alcoa's defense is better than last year.  LBs are a little inexperienced compared to last yr but they are talented. D line is very deep, very experienced and talented. DBs are young but crazy athletic and got a ton of playing time last yr.

Last yr it was 30-7 Alcoa going into the 4th. If Grace has 24 points against Alcoa's 1s, I'll be surprised unless there are a lot of turnovers.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Bradley offense keeps this one tight for 3 quarters... but then the reigning champs will put the Rams under the barn in the 4th as they blow through Karns to a week 1 win.

Alcoa 35  Grace 24

Coach Bradley knows Alcoa as well as anyone. Hoping for no sleep walking for Alcoa like last year in the first half.

3 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Alcoa 35  Grace 24

The only way Alcoa gives up 24 points is if the Tornadoes have over 70 points going into the fourth qtr....

For what it’s worth to my Alcoa peeps I saw some footage of Covington vs Dyersburg in a jamboree last Friday. They put it on Dyersburg pretty good. Dyersburg is heavy with upperclassman and returning starters and will probably go at least 3 Rds deep in the 4 A playoffs. 

I was surprised by the improvements I saw in Covington. FYI. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

For what it’s worth to my Alcoa peeps I saw some footage of Covington vs Dyersburg in a jamboree last Friday. They put it on Dyersburg pretty good. Dyersburg is heavy with upperclassman and returning starters and will probably go at least 3 Rds deep in the 4 A playoffs. 

I was surprised by the improvements I saw in Covington. FYI. 

Cool. Thanks for the update BPM!B)

This should be an interesting game. Hearing ole Beaker has cleaned out CAK and is building CAK Redux 2.0. The key to beating a Beaker team is extreme pressure on the QB but maintaining control of the line of scrimmage. He will kill you inside if you sell out. The pressure is especially key to destroy the timing on crossing patterns. Those are often short yardage; but 4+4+4=12 and  he can keep your D on the field for extended periods of time. Frankly, I am glad he is back. He puts a solid team on the field that you will need to work to beat.  We should get better after playing this one. 

• Like 1

This game is the actual result from telling the head coach the morning of the last game of the season he won't be back and to look for another job but you keep him employed until the end of the year. Talk about letting the fox watch the hen house.  Nice present he left his successor, a two year contract with a team they have no business playing.

So......I'm guessing Barney's picking F5 in a running clock? We love and appreciate your consistent support of our program, but let 'er go Barn.....we've all moved on. It is a new era!

As has been duly noted, Alcoa games go as the trenchers go....both sides of the ball. They're absolutely loaded with talent on both sides, as usual. Add all of the athletes, and it makes for quite an opening week challenge. Regardless of the outcome, this game better prepares us for what is to come on one heckuva tough road to everyone's ultimate goal in Cookeville.

There's nothing better than a good high school football game every Friday (Thursday?) night! I'm praying for good health for every kid playing this year. Cut 'em loose and let 'em have the time of their lives....last ride for this dad. Now, where's that crying emoji?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

So......I'm guessing Barney's picking F5 in a running clock? We love and appreciate your consistent support of our program, but let 'er go Barn.....we've all moved on. It is a new era!

As has been duly noted, Alcoa games go as the trenchers go....both sides of the ball. They're absolutely loaded with talent on both sides, as usual. Add all of the athletes, and it makes for quite an opening week challenge. Regardless of the outcome, this game better prepares us for what is to come on one heckuva tough road to everyone's ultimate goal in Cookeville.

There's nothing better than a good high school football game every Friday (Thursday?) night! I'm praying for good health for every kid playing this year. Cut 'em loose and let 'em have the time of their lives....last ride for this dad. Now, where's that crying emoji?

Look over Barney. He’s butthurt because he seems to think his team plays the toughest schedule in the country.  Typically, Alcoa is the toughest team on their schedule. However, his team has two monsters (lol) on their schedule that run from Alcoa year after year. 

I look for this to be a good game. CRB is a great coach and will have his team ready to play.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Alcoa had the upmost respect for Coach Rusty Bradley when he was at CAK. Had the old Grace Coach not scheduled Alcoa, It would not have surprised me that Coach Rankin and Coach Bradley would have not talked about renewing the rivalry. CRB will take to Grace to another level. I have no doubt they will compete for DII championships in their classifications. Don't be surprised if this match-up stays on future schedules.

This game will not be a blowout. I look for the Rams to test Alcoa's LB's and DB's with their short ,mid and long passing game.

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Overall I think Alcoa's defense is better than last year.  LBs are a little inexperienced compared to last yr but they are talented. D line is very deep, very experienced and talented. DBs are young but crazy athletic and got a ton of playing time last yr.

Last yr it was 30-7 Alcoa going into the 4th. If Grace has 24 points against Alcoa's 1s, I'll be surprised unless there are a lot of turnovers.

This is what i say!If GCA gets 24 AHS starters have been sitting for two quarters and the game is in hand.Dont think GCA matches up at all.I think Rankin keeps it respectable.