South Pittsburg vs Boyd Bucs (Grider against that Rodriguez man)

Southtowner

9 hours ago, sum1uno said:

Agree. I would guess that first half will be loud. Expect to see that young group play entire second half. Be a good game for that offense to shine. Figure another good showing with the D. 

If our young group gets significant playing time, y’all need to keep your eyes on #2.  He is and will be even more of a special players as the years go by.  He is a freshman.  

6 hours ago, sportman said:

Just to name a few old poster's I haven't seen  on coacht from SP in awhile. If you can, name some more. HarleyRider, Traintracks, 46on2, come to my mind so far. 

Harley’s boy graduated and I think his girl either did also, or she graduated this year I can’t remember.  

6 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Zonepirate, pirate2003, piratepridechamp, spfan24, sphs09, Glenn, and Roy Dillard all come to mind. 

Ion sure piratepridechamp will show back up soon.  

5 hours ago, sportman said:

Wonder where there all at? I see ZP every now and then, but since his boy graduated he's been MIA! on here. Glad you thought of all those. If I quit posting on here you can say Ole Sportman has left the building like Elvis did. 

Speaking of Elvis, where’s that guy been lately?  

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You remember where the old bathrooms use to be? 

Yep I remember.  Most of the time I would just squeeze behind he bleachers on the opposite end and use it there, lol.  You know, right next to the infamous “King of the Hill” hill that was dug out for the concession.  Between the concession and the handicap ramp up to the stadium.  I’d like to see pictures of that hill with all of us kids playing on it.  If anyone has one, send it or as many as you want to my Facebook, or cell if you got that.  Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

If our young group gets significant playing time, y’all need to keep your eyes on #2.  He is and will be even more of a special players as the years go by.  He is a freshman.  

Harley’s boy graduated and I think his girl either did also, or she graduated this year I can’t remember.  

Ion sure piratepridechamp will show back up soon.  

Speaking of Elvis, where’s that guy been lately?  

Yep I remember.  Most of the time I would just squeeze behind he bleachers on the opposite end and use it there, lol.  You know, right next to the infamous “King of the Hill” hill that was dug out for the concession.  Between the concession and the handicap ramp up to the stadium.  I’d like to see pictures of that hill with all of us kids playing on it.  If anyone has one, send it or as many as you want to my Facebook, or cell if you got that.  Thanks in advance

Another one to watch if the young guns get out there is #29. He’s more than ready to get out on the field. I honestly think most of our young men will impress. 

I remember that hill as well. There was always a bunch of us young kids playing on it back then ! That was back when if you were gonna be dumb you had better be tough...lol

18 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I remember the hill well from many years gone by.  This was back when Mr Shadrick ran a proficient concession stand where the bathrooms are now. You had better know what you wanted when it was your turn to order.  He didn't dilly dally around. He'd sent your little tail to the end of the line. 

A friend of mine from school stuttered and would wind up at the end of the line quite often.  From then on out he got smart and seen me in line and say  S-S-Southtowner get m-me a b-b-bag of p-p-popcorn and I'll bbbuy you a c-c-coke.  

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I remember the hill well from many years gone by.  This was back when Mr Shadrick ran a proficient concession stand where the bathrooms are now. You had better know what you wanted when it was your turn to order.  He didn't dilly dally around. He'd sent your little tail to the end of the line. 

A friend of mine from school stuttered and would wind up at the end of the line quite often.  From then on out he got smart and seen me in line and say  S-S-Southtowner get m-me a b-b-bag of p-p-popcorn and I'll bbbuy you a c-c-coke.  

On that hill playing king of the hill and cup ball at the bottom of it is the first time I heard horse from the band and fell in love with the Pirates. Didn't know what the song was but figured out that we did something good Everytime it played. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

On that hill playing king of the hill and cup ball at the bottom of it is the first time I heard horse from the band and fell in love with the Pirates. Didn't know what the song was but figured out that we did something good Everytime it played. 

Man I loved hearing the Horse play. I remember hearing back in the early 80’s as well. It still raises the hairs on my arms when I hear the band play it. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Man I loved hearing the Horse play. I remember hearing back in the early 80’s as well. It still raises the hairs on my arms when I hear the band play it. 

Once it's in you you're hooked. I remember finally asking Nathan byrum the name of the song. Kind of laughed when I heard it. It used to play years ago before swap and shop on the radio

King of the hill, cup ball, Horse, bathrooms under the bleachers. Man, there are some memories going on in this thread.  I remember dirty britches and holes in my knees from sliding / being thrown down the hill.  The kids playing in the end zones today have no clue what they have missed out on.  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

King of the hill, cup ball, Horse. Man, there are some memories going on in this thread.  I remember dirty britches and holes in my knees from sliding / being thrown down the hill.  The kids playing in the end zones today have no clue what they have missed out on.  

Sounds like we may have been on that hill at the same time