The Governors host the Mavericks.

Governm

William Blount is a better team than Carter. Physically they are larger than AC. I can see William Blount requiring more scheming to beat than AC did for carter, but I still expect AC to roll in this one. 

Carter literally stunted 6 to 7 every play and tried to play man coverage the entire game. 

Offensively Carter tried to just straight run at AC and every now and then take a pot shot on a throw.

William Blount is going to have an actual Offensive and Defensive identity. 

57 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

I think it is a bit of a stretch to say losing one assistant coach was the difference in the game.

And I think it is a bit of a stretch to call Bill Satterfield just an assistant! He is a Hall of Fame coach won a state championship and 70 or better percent of his games as a coach. He WAS a big deal to them.

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

And I think it is a bit of a stretch to call Bill Satterfield just an assistant! He is a Hall of Fame coach won a state championship and 70 or better percent of his games as a coach. He WAS a big deal to them.

I am sure he is a terrific coach, but he was an assistant on their staff. I just dont buy that he left a few weeks or months before the season and everything fell apart. It doesn't work like that.

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

I think it is a bit of a stretch to say losing one assistant coach was the difference in the game.

As a head coach,Satterfield won GB only state championship for 30 yrs until last yr. He has a history of winning without necessarily always having better players. Normally, losing an asst. coach may not be too big of a deal, but ask any of Bill's players if he could make a difference.

Especially if two teams are close.

55 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

I am sure he is a terrific coach, but he was an assistant on their staff. I just dont buy that he left a few weeks or months before the season and everything fell apart. It doesn't work like that.

I lived in LC two miles from the high school for 27 years,all three of my sons went to Eatons and North Middle (i transferred them all before my youngest got to middle school).My oldest went to LC as Freshman in 2007 then the politics started and we got out of that mess.You have no idea how screwed up that place is!To get a coach like Satterfield was like hitting the jack pot ALONG with Travis Cozart who ALSO left before the season.Those two losses are a CRUSHING blow to LC.So yes i 110% believe losing Satterfield alone hurt enough but losing both was detrimental!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I lived in LC two miles from the high school for 27 years,all three of my sons went to Eatons and North Middle (i transferred them all before my youngest got to middle school).My oldest went to LC as Freshman in 2007 then the politics started and we got out of that mess.You have no idea how screwed up that place is!To get a coach like Satterfield was like hitting the jack pot ALONG with Travis Cozart who ALSO left before the season.Those two losses are a CRUSHING blow to LC.So yes i 110% believe losing Satterfield alone hurt enough but losing both was detrimental!

That's a weird area. The county elementary feeds into a county middle school that feeds into the city high school. Mix in some politics, I don't blame you!

Edited by Red Rebels

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Again, there is no doubt that Satterfield is a good coach, but his absence did not turn LC from a good team to a creampuff overnight.

I guess the result of the game had nothing to do with the fact that WB stopped them multiple times in the red zone, and the secondary was actually in position and contesting passes.

Edited by TheGuvna
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Again, there is no doubt that Satterfield is a good coach, but his absence did not turn LC from a good team to a creampuff overnight.

I guess the result of the game had nothing to do with the fact that WB stopped them multiple times in the red zone, and the secondary was actually in position and contesting passes.

It was just a real good football game. LC dropped a sure TD in the end zone but I'm sure the ball was pretty wet. They also fumbled a kickoff at their own 15 yard line and the next thing you know WB is kicking a 39 yard field goal. Those were two gifts or the score would have and should have been 14-10 Lenior City.

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It was just a real good football game. LC dropped a sure TD in the end zone but I'm sure the ball was pretty wet. They also fumbled a kickoff at their own 15 yard line and the next thing you know WB is kicking a 39 yard field goal. Those were two gifts or the score would have and should have been 14-10 Lenior City.

Like I told the LC fan in the game thread... LC got a lot of breaks in the game last year. WB left about 3 or 4 tds on the field in 2017.

Edited by TheGuvna