Mightee Okelund comes two 825

STARSNBARS

7 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

People talk about how great it is to watch a football game at Maryville. I can tell you what's not great about playing at Maryville. You park on the side of a mountain, climb your way to the visitors locker room which is about the size of a gas station restroom and feels and smells somewhat similar (my guess in the chain gang has better accommodations). Then you make your way over to the visitors side of the field and hope and pray you don't get run over or fall off the face of the earth. As pretty as it it and it is pretty it is not a very hospitable environment. And I can't help thinking that is intentional!

Course it could be worse, you could be up the street and around the corner dressing in the opponents practice facility.:popcorneater:

I'm not 100% sure this guy has ever been to Shields Stadium. All visiting teams get a prime parking spot on Cedar Street behind the score board and the road is usually shut off by Maryville's finest. The visitor's bleachers aren't that big, but they're on about the safest terrain known to man with another set of Maryville PD manning the corner of Cedar and White.

As far as our visitor locker room, sure it ain't the greatest. I've been to some a heckuva lot worse, outside of that what do you want us to do? Pull out the lazy boys and bean bag chairs so you guys can kick back?

Edited by JSamson7

I take it this person has never been there before either or they might want to go get tested for Vertigo. Back when the stadium was built in 1982 Maryville was a smaller school that played teams that usually had 40 to 50 players. Now teams are coming in with 80 to 90 kids and 25 of them are built like Sumo Wrestlers making things a bit crowded. Just be glad it isn't 1957 when Everett came across town to play us and their coach asked Ken Shepard our coach back then where do his boy's go to the bathroom at and he told him in their pants and walked off. They didn't take that so nicely and beat the crap out of us 59 to 6. Now if the visitor dressing room is that much of a problem then take my advise and raise cain with the City of Maryville. They don't like complainers so the squeaky wheel gets greased first. A few years ago I had a fit on here for two weeks in a row about running out of Chick Fil A's and by gosh the next game there were two men running through the stands selling those things. Now when I start walking to my seat I have a dozen people ask me every ballgame if I got my Chick Fil A's.

• CoachT locked this topic