Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Ok with Greeneville spokes person (DevilMan) guaranteeing they can beat anyone, then this game could pretty much quieten down his holy enthusiasm. If OR can blow out DB I will shout from the top old Smokey only exception in my case I will go to the top of Mt Rainier here in Seattle and shout out loud "Great Job Wildcats". LOL :)

Go Wildcats!!!

Just because another team could blow out Db doesn’t mean the devils are mediocre. You know absolutely nothing about football obviously. 

If I was a cow fan I’d be more worried about my teams schedule and of course playing Greeneville. I understand wanting to play Greeneville from a players perspective. But Greeneville is on another level this year and the cows don’t stand a chance. 

Goodluck to Db in this contest! 

Edited by DevilMan03

6 hours ago, KEV-O said:

Bigger school = more trumpet players to pick from. Just imagine how good DB's band would be if all that trumpet talent walking the halls everyday would join the band. 

I think the band has 100% of DB's trumpet players and pretty much any student that can play an instrument.Believe me,I've seen talent that wouldn't play football at DB over the years that this Devil staff could move on to D1 in a heartbeat.

10 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB plays Alcoa (3A) on Sept 21.    I wonder how many students are  in DB's band vs. the number of students in Alcoa High School?

Mascot: Tornadoes Colors: Maroon, White School Logo
Mailing Address
1205 Lodge
Alcoa, TN 37701
Physical Address
1205 Lodge
Alcoa, TN 37701
Google Map
Shipping Address
1205 Lodge
Alcoa, TN 37701
Enrollment (Actual): 646 Enrollment (Classification): 646
Grand Division: East Athletic District: 2
County: Blount School ID: 3

Don't sell our Wildband short, just because DB puts the whole student body on the field does not mean they can all actually play. The Wildband has worked hard the past few weeks to get the football show (entertaining for the crowd, Led Zepplin!) and the competition show (boring for the crowd like whatever that was that HVA did last Friday).

Oh...

OR 21 DB 14

Edited by jeffyt

4 minutes ago, rebelsrecruit said:

I remember this one time at bandcamp.............Who cares about the bands! Either of them!

I don't think DB takes the full band to away games, too bad for those OR fans who have never seen the performance.     Like it or not, the band wields a lot of clout in Kingsport

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:
Mascot: Tornadoes Colors: Maroon, White School Logo
Mailing Address
1205 Lodge
Alcoa, TN 37701
Physical Address
1205 Lodge
Alcoa, TN 37701
Google Map
Shipping Address
1205 Lodge
Alcoa, TN 37701
Enrollment (Actual): 646 Enrollment (Classification): 646
Grand Division: East Athletic District: 2
County: Blount School ID: 3

RR you are the man.Alcoa must be growing,I thought they only had a little over 500.Had someone Friday night do about like you did a year or two ago.Batman ? Batman? Yep that's me.Met a lot of great fans over the years but never a bunch that knows the game as well as the Maryville fans.Those Alcoa fans are pretty darn sharp as well .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I don't think DB takes the full band to away games, too bad for those OR fans who have never seen the performance.     Like it or not, the band wields a lot of clout in Kingsport

A bunch of us Oak Ridgers have been up to DB and have seen their band. They are very impressive!  

2 hours ago, jeffyt said:

Don't sell our Wildband short, just because DB puts the whole student body on the field does not mean they can all actually play. The Wildband has worked hard the past few weeks to get the football show (entertaining for the crowd, Led Zepplin!) and the competition show (boring for the crowd like whatever that was that HVA did last Friday).

Oh...

OR 21 DB 14

Great post. Any band that builds their show around Led Zep is # 1 in my book. I can also attest the Wild Band has been working very hard. I have seen pics of them practicing in stormy weather. They are certainly dedicated Wildcats. Proud of them.

• Like 1