Peabody @ Union City

PeabodyPride

47 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

So does Peabody have more depth this year than the Tornados? In the past Ik the Tide didn’t have as many players that could step up as they do this year. Could that be a possibility for Friday night?

there are definitely several playmakers

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, Tide21 said:

it sure felt that way didnt it ?

I am a big Peabody fan just like all you Tide fans. The Milan and Trenton game was a good hard fought game. The Officials did a great job I thought. Sure they made a bad call one or twice. Milan also got a couple bad calls as well. The bottom line is the Peabody fans thought that Peabody would win by a couple of td. I will say this if the Peabody running have not be cramping out and had played the whole game Peabody would have by a a couple of Td. Coach did the right thing by keeping them out and them ready to go Friday night. Peabody also has good size on the line and will ware some teams down this year. Milan does not have the size they have had in the past. Like Milan or not you have to respect them.

11 minutes ago, JungleJim125 said:

I am a big Peabody fan just like all you Tide fans. The Milan and Trenton game was a good hard fought game. The Officials did a great job I thought. Sure they made a bad call one or twice. Milan also got a couple bad calls as well. The bottom line is the Peabody fans thought that Peabody would win by a couple of td. I will say this if the Peabody running have not be cramping out and had played the whole game Peabody would have by a a couple of Td. Coach did the right thing by keeping them out and them ready to go Friday night. Peabody also has good size on the line and will ware some teams down this year. Milan does not have the size they have had in the past. Like Milan or not you have to respect them.

I think Peabody respects Milan for sure. I think Peabody is a lot better than what the score showed against Milan, but the fatigue setting in at the end of the game made it a little sloppy on both ends. You could tell that it was getting to those kids because of the mental mistakes they were making. Both programs are very well respected I believe by all of West TN. Peabody has really got on track ever since Joe Gaddis came in 2012. Milan has been a well coached & force in the West for over 2 decades really. Both are very storied programs in the past & over recent years. I hope that Gibson County rivalry stays the way it has the past 2 years for many more years to come. That always brings such a big gate for those schools. 

Edited by FightingBlue0
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JungleJim125 said:

I noticed that when I was at the milan game. The coach pretty much had 4 starters on the sidelines for almost the whole second half minus a few plays.

Edited by PHSRollTide

12 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

I noticed that when I was at the milan game. The coach pretty much had 4 starters on the sidelines for almost the whole second half minus a few plays.

Yes he did,love the amazing ability to step up and play thru the pain as well as our Tides ability to "rise" to the occasion!Love the excitement, but hope to see less"needed" big plays to seal the win!!!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE/FLOOD THA TWISTERS 

Edited by peabodypride

17 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Where are all the union city guys ?  I know there are some they were posting on the mayfield thread

Their pride is hurt after starting the season 0-2 even though both teams were much larger schools.  The injuries quite literally add insult to injury.    Regardless, UC is UC.  They will make adjustments.  They won’t just give up.  There’s too much hunger for another shiny gold ball to add to the display case.