AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 3 2018

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I agree Tca can’t hang with Peabody. They will be undefeated state champs when all said and done. 

Maybe but as good as you are you all haven't seen the East teams play. Tyner, Meigs, Watertown, TC, Oneida or Sullivan North all good teams this year. The East is far from down this year.

41 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

#truth. Worst Adamsville team I have Seen in a long time. Mean no disrespect. But Adamsville is still ranked because of their past. If the voters do not want to do their homework then just don’t put out a poll. 

Really ? wish I could have watched yalls game somehow. What’s their problems ? 

I agree Peabody is at least 2 TD’s better than every team in 2A.  Could be 3 TD’s better.  They have amazing talent at the skill positions.  If their OL and DL continue to get better then I don’t see them losing a game.  I think a TCA type team could hang with them for a quarter or two but that’s about it. 

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Maybe but as good as you are you all haven't seen the East teams play. Tyner, Meigs, Watertown, TC, Oneida or Sullivan North all good teams this year. The East is far from down this year.

Man I am Not a Peabody man. I am Just sayin Peabody is LOADED. Not putting down the east. But they are a total different monster. Plus I have Seen film on the east teams. I have No life. I have Family in middle and east tenn. I am Connected and I guess I am From Missouri. The east is going to just have to show me. 

1) Peabody 

2) Meigs County 

3) Columbia Academy 

4) Waverly 

5) Watertown

6) Trousdale

7) Trinity 

8) Union City

9) Tyner 

10) Oneida 

I agree with everyone saying that the first 3 are interchangeable. Thus far, based off schedules to this point, I think Peabody is the outright favorite in 2A. From what I saw this past Friday night against UC, if the Tornadoes don’t get back any of those kids that got hurt, they are in for a tough season. I watched those kids get dominated in every aspect of the game this past Friday night. Coming into the year, I was afraid Peabody wasn’t going to be as good defensively as they have & I wasn’t sure about how physical they would be. But up to this point, they have some kids that will lay the wood to you. I think they’re a good 1-2 TDs better than everyone else in 2A right now. Meigs is starting to win me over for that east side of the bracket. I know there is still a lot of football left but they just seem to be the team in the east that the road to the gold ball is going to have to go through. I had UC or Waverly as my picks for the west during the preseason but I don’t think UC has any shot at this point & im skeptical on Waverly after their loss to Huntingdon. I know the Mustangs always field a great team but the amount of points that Waverly gave up is what makes me nervous about them. I know that Waverly isn’t a team that you want to get into a shoot out with by any means though. Their QB is a stud! I don’t have a whole lot of knowledge about the east side of things but I think everyone in the west is in for a heck of a ride come November. That’s just my 2 cents. 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Really ? wish I could have watched yalls game somehow. What’s their problems ? 

The line is young. They had size but our D line was smaller but all seniors and very smart and savvy. It frustrated their line. QB is good but no other weapon to take the pressure off of him.

14 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I agree Tca can’t hang with Peabody. They will be undefeated state champs when all said and done. 

Man o man that’s a bold statement don’t jinx us I don’t want Peabody to end up like Huntingdon last year. All it takes is some injuries and bad luck. I just hope we can win the region at this point. We got a long way to go 

28 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Most these guys are biased toward the west and have no idea about the eastern teams this year. I would say that Oneida and Meigs are gonna be tough to handle for any team this year.

24 minutes ago, Intense said:

I agree Peabody is at least 2 TD’s better than every team in 2A.  Could be 3 TD’s better.  They have amazing talent at the skill positions.  If their OL and DL continue to get better then I don’t see them losing a game.  I think a TCA type team could hang with them for a quarter or two but that’s about it. 

If their O and D lines improve they will be scary. Poohbooty’s lines are big and physical and I didnt see much room for improvement against Milan other than conditioning. Milan’s new uptempo offense had the D with hands on the hips late in the game but that is very fixable and is probably already fixed. 

1 minute ago, Gunner0331 said:

Most these guys are biased toward the west and have no idea about the eastern teams this year. I would say that Oneida and Meigs are gonna be tough to handle for any team this year.

You are right Gunner. I can assure you the only difference in teams in reality is the number of teams talking them up on here. ALOT more coacht fans from the West compared to the East in 2A. Trousdale would be the exception probably.

6 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

Again I have Seen film on east teams. Plus have people through out the state. I will Guaranty this. There will be an east team in the finals. Other than that i still say Peabody is the strongest team I have Seen in all aspects of the game. And Peabody is not my team. You look at my post I will Call it as I see It. If a team is better then they are just better. Even if they play my team. Good luck to the east the rest of the year. Lots of football left. 

Edited by BigEdMo
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

Again I have Seen film on east teams. Plus have people through out the state. I will Guaranty this. There will be an east team in the finals. Other than that i still say Peabody is the strongest team I have Seen in all aspects of the game. 

Respect your opinion man. But what teams did you see play from the East this Year?