Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

21 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In all actuality Blount County is really at fault for the whole thing. Back in the late 80's they cancelled the football program at Eagleton on a money saving venture. Those kids had two choices, go to Alcoa or wait two years to play football again in high school. Eagleton was the main feeder program into Heritage and once that system was broken they went from having a 60-46 record in the 80's to a 19-82 record in the 90's. Then you get into 2000 to now or let's say the end of this year because Heritage isn't going to win a game and the record for those 19 years is 41-156. Once that cycle was broken and all those kids kept coming to Alcoa instead of Heritage when the Eagleton program restarted the Mountaineers never regained its ability again. If you don't believe me follow the pictures from the 89 Alcoa Championship team with 32 players just a few years later with 60 plus players in the early 2000's. That didn't happen because all the boy's at Alcoa started drinking their milk. It was half the kids that should of been playing for Heritage that ended up in this cycle that was created by the county themselves. Once those kids had no choice and most of them came it was like The Ho Chi Minh Trail to Alcoa not to ever be broken. I'm not throwing stones at Alcoa but the county for letting such buffoonery happen when they shut Eagleton down for a few years. When they restarted that program back it has never been a shadow of what it once was. My only fuss with Alcoa is when someone says that little 3A team or a big majority of it's male students play football. Well Duh.................. In the 80's Heritage won 6 of the ten games between them and Alcoa. In the 80's Alcoa was 76-34, 81-39 in the 90's and 241-33 in the past 19 years if they win out which they will. Heritage on the other hand is 41-156. That program at Heritage is now permanently destroyed. No coach on God's Green Earth can ever revive that program from the thirty years of cancer inflicted by the county for halting the main feeder program into one of it's high schools. Alcoa's gain, their loss but you know what's even funnier than that, the stupid people out in the county still think it all has something to do with Maryville.  Well except the A.D. out there who was smart enough to say if your going to beat us that's fine but My God you take our 1,500 yard rusher and move him into a rental house you didn't even need to make him eligible. He said the H E double toothpicks with you all and you can replace us with one of those Urban Farm Towns that brings thirty fans to watch a football game and see how that fits your athletic budget.

1zwccrd.jpg

Now the fine readers of Coach T need to see the difference between the two pictures so that they wouldn't think Barney would make all this up. This is in no way to offend my friends from Alcoa but to shame the idiots that run Blount County Schools for destroying Heritage High Schools Football Program. The good folks at Alcoa just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Beware when you look at both pictures your not seeing double when you look at the second one so please don't blink or rub your eye's.

a3ozu1.jpg

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Now the fine readers of Coach T need to see the difference between the two pictures so that they wouldn't think Barney would make all this up. This is in no way to offend my friends from Alcoa but to shame the idiots that run Blount County Schools for destroying Heritage High Schools Football Program. The good folks at Alcoa just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Beware when you look at both pictures your not seeing double when you look at the second one so please don't blink or rub your eye's.

a3ozu1.jpg

Apples to oranges..... 1989 vs 2014 c’mon Barn, even you aren’t that slow. Or, am I giving you too much credit??

I believe that little 1989 team went 15-0! I think merryville was on the schedule too. :mrgreen:

Edited by Throwdeslant

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In all actuality Blount County is really at fault for the whole thing. Back in the late 80's they cancelled the football program at Eagleton on a money saving venture. Those kids had two choices, go to Alcoa or wait two years to play football again in high school. Eagleton was the main feeder program into Heritage and once that system was broken they went from having a 60-46 record in the 80's to a 19-82 record in the 90's. Then you get into 2000 to now or let's say the end of this year because Heritage isn't going to win a game and the record for those 19 years is 41-156. Once that cycle was broken and all those kids kept coming to Alcoa instead of Heritage when the Eagleton program restarted the Mountaineers never regained its ability again. If you don't believe me follow the pictures from the 89 Alcoa Championship team with 32 players just a few years later with 60 plus players in the early 2000's. That didn't happen because all the boy's at Alcoa started drinking their milk. It was half the kids that should of been playing for Heritage that ended up in this cycle that was created by the county themselves. Once those kids had no choice and most of them came it was like The Ho Chi Minh Trail to Alcoa not to ever be broken. I'm not throwing stones at Alcoa but the county for letting such buffoonery happen when they shut Eagleton down for a few years. When they restarted that program back it has never been a shadow of what it once was. My only fuss with Alcoa is when someone says that little 3A team or a big majority of it's male students play football. Well Duh.................. In the 80's Heritage won 6 of the ten games between them and Alcoa. In the 80's Alcoa was 76-34, 81-39 in the 90's and 241-33 in the past 19 years if they win out which they will. Heritage on the other hand is 41-156. That program at Heritage is now permanently destroyed. No coach on God's Green Earth can ever revive that program from the thirty years of cancer inflicted by the county for halting the main feeder program into one of it's high schools. Alcoa's gain, their loss but you know what's even funnier than that, the stupid people out in the county still think it all has something to do with Maryville.  Well except the A.D. out there who was smart enough to say if your going to beat us that's fine but My God you take our 1,500 yard rusher and move him into a rental house you didn't even need to make him eligible. He said the H E double toothpicks with you all and you can replace us with one of those Urban Farm Towns that brings thirty fans to watch a football game and see how that fits your athletic budget.

1zwccrd.jpg

I graduated from Alcoa in 1981 and we got our fair share of players from Eagleton back in the day. Lots of kids saw the logistics and decided they would rather make the short drive to Alcoa than all the way up to Heritage. Tuition was only $200 a year.

Edited by MrTwister

4 hours ago, MrTwister said:

I graduated from Alcoa in 1981 and we got our fair share of players from Eagleton back in the day. Lots of kids saw the logistics and decided they would rather make the short drive to Alcoa than all the way up to Heritage. Tuition was only $200 a year.

That's all I have been trying to say. I know a lot of those guys personally your talking about. Some lived in Jackson Hills. All the schools had good ball players but who ever got the best out of the Eagleton area got the icing to go on the cake. It makes perfect sense to go to the closest school, I can't blame of them.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

.....and how many Maryville High School QB's can through the ALCOA system and Middle School? 

Barn....if you're this butt hurt now just wait! It's going to set you on fire REAL soon!:grin:

BC I'm not talking about grabbing a few minnows every now and then, what I'm trying to point out is Alcoa got a whole Trout Farm off the stupidity of Blount County. I can promise you I'm not butthurt over a game, I'm just pointing out some clear facts how things operate here so people on the outside can understand why Alcoa dominates like it does. You guys carry on like there is some magical power over there but when someone gets on Coach T that has been here a long time and they can unpeel the layers of the onion to expose what is deep down inside I'm the bad guy.  I said from the very beginning it was the fault of the county. I do know that game is very important to all you guys and it is a good thing you win your fair share. I have personally known many of the past coaches from Alcoa and the one thing most of them told me there was an enormous amount of pressure from the top to win against Maryville which was almost unbearable and most got out of there before it wrecked their health.  Why do you think Pea Head left a State Championship Alcoa Football team to go to William Blount when it opened up, because he couldn't beat Maryville. My only gripe with Alcoa is with the City for not annexing the Eagleton Area into it. My gosh they use it like a prostitute for the commercial taxes and football players so why not do the manly thing and support the rest of the family instead of knocking on the door every fall Friday Night for their friends with benefits.

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I didn't think about that one.

Did you thnk about the City of Maryville extending the city limits ALL the way down Morgantown Rd? And, getting in bed with outside developers to build hundreds of houses? The same developers that use ZERO local companies of any kind? The newest subdivision is so close to William Blount HS, i could throw a rock through the goal post! But ol barn's bubby barry would call it wide right!!!:lol:

You worry about gets a few players from eagleton, when the Maryville builds a wall around WB.....sad.

Since you've got it all figured out.....splain this one lucy....how in the world did a little school with 646 students beat the defending 6A State Champions with 1683 students ON THEIR OWN FIELD. A field they had not lost on since 2010! Ha!! Yeah!!

769470940_giphy(2).gif.e5514fa00aeb326cdd98f2a10e54c45e.gif

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Did you thnk about the City of Maryville extending the city limits ALL the way down Morgantown Rd? And, getting in bed with outside developers to build hundreds of houses? The same developers that use ZERO local companies of any kind? The newest subdivision is so close to William Blount HS, i could throw a rock through the goal post! But ol barn's bubby barry would call it wide right!!!:lol:

You worry about gets a few players from eagleton, when the Maryville builds a wall around WB.....sad.

Since you've got it all figured out.....splain this one lucy....how in the world did a little school with 646 students beat the defending 6A State Champions with 1683 students ON THEIR OWN FIELD. A field they had not lost on since 2010! Ha!! Yeah!!

I think I already have, do I need to bring a chalk board on here to make it any more simple than I have. It's not my fault the county didn't build one of those high schools down towards Brick Mill Road like they should of in the beginning. Everything being built down Morganton Road is being taken in by the City of Maryville. They knew if your going to father a child, do the right thing and annex the family. 

6 hours ago, MrTwister said:

I agree MrTwister. I went to Eagleton back then. When they closed Everett is when a lot of this started. In the early days, Heritage was just big Walland. Back then Maryville was going to annex all the way out to Jackson Hills, which was a top notch subdivision in it's day. The residents voted against it. I think Broadway (OK Highway) was the agreed dividing line. Now it seems to be Broadway out  Wildwood Road as the agreed future dividing line.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

alhfuq.jpg

• CoachT locked this topic