South Pittsburg vs David Lipscomb school(Grider against this Tillman man)

Roy Dillard

5 minutes ago, sportman said:

I am like some of you guy;s that have kept up with Lipscomb this year. They may not have won a game but if they were in 1A with who we have played so far they would be 4-0 like us. It's going to be a challenge for us to beat them.  They have played alot better competition than we have by far. Win or lose it should give is some experience on what we need to work on.  I know alot of Pirate faithful get upset with the referee's, and as well as I do on occasions, but you be the judge on this, we have two WR's and especially one, who do alot of holding bc they are small and weak and can't block without holding and it's going to hurt in a big game.  Not calling anyone by name bc you shouldn't do that to 14-18 year old boys on here, but I think yall know who I'm talking about. It has happened in Every game so far this year except I believe the first game.  That stuff and a few other thing's have to be cleaned up. I can say we are missing Kelly from last year in a big way.  Not just his athletic ability, but his leadership. We have to have someone stand up and take his place and so far I haven't seen anyone take that command this year. 

I’m with you on several things. On the surface, it looks like this will be a very difficult game for SP next week. If you want to look at their record then make sure you look at their opponents as well. I would say if they were in 1A they would be a top 5 team without a doubt. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

18 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m with you on several things. On the surface, it looks like this will be a very difficult game for SP next week. If you want to look at their record then make sure you look at their opponents as well. I would say if they were in 1A they would be a top 5 team without a doubt. 

I disagree and you all will prove that Friday night. I think all the top five we have right now would win that ball game.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I disagree and you all will prove that Friday night. I think all the top five we have right now would win that ball game.

How can you say that? Look at these scores. I haven’t been able to find anything on them yet, but I’m waiting on that network deal to watch them. What do you make of all the close games they have played against really good competition?. I can tell you that the teams in 1A wouldn’t beat Baylor, but Ensworth did. Lipscomb came close to them as well as the rest. Lipscomb has a lot of close games to good teams. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

39 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

How can you say that? Look at these scores. I haven’t been able to find anything on them yet, but I’m waiting on that network deal to watch them. What do you make of all the close games they have played against really good competition?. I can tell you that the teams in 1A wouldn’t beat Baylor, but Ensworth did. Lipscomb came close to them as well as the rest. Lipscomb has a lot of close games to good teams. 

Scores,scores,scores!Dont mean a whole lot.Do you consider CA a Ensworth?No you dont.I am positive SP,GB or Hunt would beat CA.Ensworth is way down from usual,from the highlights i saw from the game Ensworth was their worst enemy moved the ball all over DL but didnt capitilize.DL looks big but slow too.also first game for the new coach in terrible weather.Im not saying DL is not a good football team but Pitt should beat them.I am sure you will.

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Scores,scores,scores!Dont mean a whole lot.Do you consider CA a Ensworth?No you dont.I am positive SP,GB or Hunt would beat CA.Ensworth is way down from usual,from the highlights i saw from the game Ensworth was their worst enemy moved the ball all over DL but didnt capitilize.DL looks big but slow too.also first game for the new coach in terrible weather.Im not saying DL is not a good football team but Pitt should beat them.I am sure you will.

You are right. All we have to go on are scores and from the looks of those scores I think it will be a really tough game.  Also something else to consider. Could they look slow because of who they are playing? I remember last season it was 7-3 at the half then we scored a couple more TDs in the second half. One thing I’m confident of is they will be the best team SP has played this season and best team they will play until Whitwell. I would also rank them a better team than Greenback,  Whitwell, or Cornersville has played.  

Edited by TheAmbassador

24 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You are right. All we have to go on are scores and from the looks of those scores I think it will be a really tough game.  Also something else to consider. Could they look slow because of who they are playing? I remember last season it was 7-3 at the half then we scored a couple more TDs in the second half. One thing I’m confident of is they will be the best team SP has played this season and best team they will play until Whitwell. I would also rank them a better team than Greenback,  Whitwell, or Cornersville has played.  

I agree with this post,no doubt!

55 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate ain’t sure about beating DL but recommends Pirates &  supporters come prepared for a tough feud with the Circle Fly folkes. 

I agree with the Old Pirate. This is gonna be a tough feud for our young band of Pirates.  Don't let Lipscomb's record dictate how you may think this game will go.  The Mustang's face quality opponents each week.