AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 10 2018

Southtowner

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Waverly hasn’t played Peabody so you have no idea what you would do against our D. Waverly can score all the points they want or any other team but if you can’t stop the team at least once you run in problems winning. Look at college football.  There are college teams all over the country that put up points but when they meet a sec team they don’t generally do to well. Sec teams play 

Im sure Alabama I mean Peabody is a great team. Looking forward to our match up later in the yr.

This is purely subjective, and for the record, I understand both sides of the argument...how many 2A teams out there would pick up a win against the three losses that Waverly has? All three games weren't decided until the end, and whether the scores were 21-20 or 77-74, the Tigers were maybe one snap from tying or winning. I don't think that they are the favorites, but to dismiss them this early because of their record is insane, given the level of competition that they've faced.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

This is purely subjective, and for the record, I understand both sides of the argument...how many 2A teams out there would pick up a win against the three losses that Waverly has? All three games weren't decided until the end, and whether the scores were 21-20 or 77-74, the Tigers were maybe one snap from tying or winning. I don't think that they are the favorites, but to dismiss them this early because of their record is insane, given the level of competition that they've faced.

Well said... Anybody that has to play the Tigers are going to have to be darn near perfect.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I absolutely agree. The one question I have asked all day & still have not been answered is what is the improvements or positives that Waverly’s defense has shown that all of the Waverly fans on the T have been talking about. I think it’s a simple question & one that I would just like to know. What did Waverly do on D last night that prompted a lot of their posters to make the comment that they were glad to see their that defense has improved. I’m just curious. & much like I have stated multiple times on numerous threads, I had Waverly picked to win it all. Them or UC. Taking into account who they have played & how they have faired in those games, I’m just not as sure about them. It’s purely my opinion which will more than likely change as these next few weeks take place. I never meant for any Waverly posters to get so upset about me asking a question about their defense. Like I said, & I reiterate it, I had picked Waverly to win the whole thing before the season even started. So for the record, I’m not against you guys lol. 

4 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I absolutely agree. The one question I have asked all day & still have not been answered is what is the improvements or positives that Waverly’s defense has shown that all of the Waverly fans on the T have been talking about. I think it’s a simple question & one that I would just like to know. What did Waverly do on D last night that prompted a lot of their posters to make the comment that they were glad to see their that defense has improved. I’m just curious. & much like I have stated multiple times on numerous threads, I had Waverly picked to win it all. Them or UC. Taking into account who they have played & how they have faired in those games, I’m just not as sure about them. It’s purely my opinion which will more than likely change as these next few weeks take place. I never meant for any Waverly posters to get so upset about me asking a question about their defense. Like I said, & I reiterate it, I had picked Waverly to win the whole thing before the season even started. So for the record, I’m not against you guys lol. 

I'll say this if u would of been at all.4 of r games u would see what we r talking about when it comes to r defense  yes we have up 62 points last night and at the same time r defense played there butts off. There line avg  was 300 pounds r dline  is 265 avg. I jus don't see many teams in 2a that could stop DA from scoring that many points..we got some of r players back now and coach is finally playing them.both ways by the end of the year r d  will be where it needs to be

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Let me try to help. We have been better against the run. Few scores last night was scored on busted plays and special teams. We had stopped DA several times but personal fouls gave them 1st downs. Our defense is going to keep getting better finally got some kids it the right spots. We are getting there slowly but surely. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Let me try to help. We have been better against the run. Few scores last night was scored on busted plays and special teams. We had stopped DA several times but personal fouls gave them 1st downs. Our defense is going to keep getting better finally got some kids it the right spots. We are getting there slowly but surely. 

5 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

I'll say this if u would of been at all.4 of r games u would see what we r talking about when it comes to r defense  yes we have up 62 points last night and at the same time r defense played there butts off. There line avg  was 300 pounds r dline  is 265 avg. I jus don't see many teams in 2a that could stop DA from scoring that many points..we got some of r players back now and coach is finally playing them.both ways by the end of the year r d  will be where it needs to be

Thank you. All I was wanting to know was some insight behind the game. Everyone knows that Waverly is a potent team. I hope you guys sure up that defense. I’ll be keeping my eye open for that CA & Waverly game in November :thumb:

• Like 1