CORNERSVILLE @ PERRY COUNTY

RocketHouse

18 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Faced plenty of challenges last season. Huntingdon, Lake County, and Greenback. My hope is that Forrest and Marshall get put on the schedule for next season. I would love to see all three county schools play each other and it would give some good non-region competition. The whole county is behind the bulldogs from Cornersville except Chapel Hill. Forrest had fans come down during the post season last year and cheer AGAINST the bulldogs. That still bothers me to some extent. Here is to a tremendous rest of the season for all three county teams and hopes that all three make the playoffs!

Please tell me more about this large group of Forrest fans that travelled to Cornersville to cheer for the opposition. I came down to watch and cheer for the Bulldogs twice in the playoffs and took a day off of work to travel to Cookeville. Many folks from Chapel Hill did the same thing. If it wasn't for a handful of clowns on CoachT I may join the bulldog booster club. Several Cornersville facebook posts were shared all over town and some gave to the fund set up to charter a bus and feed the team.

I would like to see the county schools play as well. We played Marshall County last year in Middle School and it was a great game. No reason Cornersville and Forrest don't play high and middle school for the next several years. Based on youth league results - the games should be competitive.

I've routinely praised the current players and coaches at Cornersville on here and know several of them. They are awesome. A half a dozen obnoxious posters on here are not. It's difficult to discuss the latest Forrest thread on here without dealing with Cornersville trolls. Your success has been awesome; how a handful of fans handle it has not been. If they want to dish it out, get ready to take some good natured return internet fire.

28 minutes ago, Salem said:

Please tell me more about this large group of Forrest fans that travelled to Cornersville to cheer for the opposition. I came down to watch and cheer for the Bulldogs twice in the playoffs and took a day off of work to travel to Cookeville. Many folks from Chapel Hill did the same thing. If it wasn't for a handful of clowns on CoachT I may join the bulldog booster club. Several Cornersville facebook posts were shared all over town and some gave to the fund set up to charter a bus and feed the team.

I would like to see the county schools play as well. We played Marshall County last year in Middle School and it was a great game. No reason Cornersville and Forrest don't play high and middle school for the next several years. Based on youth league results - the games should be competitive.

I've routinely praised the current players and coaches at Cornersville on here and know several of them. They are awesome. A half a dozen obnoxious posters on here are not. It's difficult to discuss the latest Forrest thread on here without dealing with Cornersville trolls. Your success has been awesome; how a handful of fans handle it has not been. If they want to dish it out, get ready to take some good natured return internet fire.

Good post. Marshall county as a whole is represented when our teams do well, whomever it is. We all have our team and that is great. I do not know a true football fan who does not enjoy watching a team play. Debate is good as long as it is respectful. When it goes beyond that everyone gets defensive and the crap starts rolling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Salem said:

I never said it was a large group, but there were fans on the opposing sideline wearing Forrest gear. How many exactly, I'm not sure. Appreciate the support!

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Only Cornersville fans are obsessed with Forrest. Forrest people are happy for Cornersville's success. 

You can’t hit “enter” on your keyboard without mentioning Cornersville but we’re obsessed? 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

I could not imagine wasting a vacation day on watching Chapel Hill in a football game. I bet your boss at Genesco was unhappy to hear of this.

Edited by cornerback10

On 9/17/2018 at 1:55 PM, sportsnutz said:

Not to take anything away from Cornersville, really, but they honestly haven't played anyone. 

Sure, there's something to be said about dominating your competition the way the have. However, it's hard to get a true guage of just how good the team is when it is inferior competition..

I done a little looking the teams huntingdon has played  against so far thier combined record is 8 w and 15 L  just saying 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad02 said:

I done a little looking the teams huntingdon has played  against so far thier combined record is 8 w and 15 L  just saying 

Your right, however, we did play Waverly (which did give us a measuring stick) we also played Camden (which gave us another measuring stick) and we play Milan this week which will also give us a measuring stick to see just where we stand as a team and allows us to get more reps with the 1st string unit vs a running clock the entire 2nd half. (hopefully)

No doubt these 2 schools are on a collision course (barring anything crazy happening) and it will all be settled in OUR backyard this time. We will welcome you to Paul Ward Stadium, we will pray with you, then we will let the pigskin fly!!