AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 17 2018

Southtowner

People are right when they say take 1 week at a time, but the fact of the matter is when the TC/Watertown game was played it put everything into perspective. Trousdale knows they have to run the gauntlet to get to Cookeville, but to be the best you have to beat the best.  I'm excited to see what this TC team has down the stretch.  Another strength test will be against Whitwell.  TC's QB will return that game and with Whitwell having a couple similar opponents as Tyner, that should tell a lot.  There is a lot of high school football to be played.  BUCKLE UP!

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

People are right when they say take 1 week at a time, but the fact of the matter is when the TC/Watertown game was played it put everything into perspective. Trousdale knows they have to run the gauntlet to get to Cookeville, but to be the best you have to beat the best.  I'm excited to see what this TC team has down the stretch.  Another strength test will be against Whitwell.  TC's QB will return that game and with Whitwell having a couple similar opponents as Tyner, that should tell a lot.  There is a lot of high school football to be played.  BUCKLE UP!

I believe I read somewhere that Tyner and Whitwell scrimmaged early this season, and Whitwell was outmatched, so I don’t think there is any comparing Whitwell to Tyner.

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Staying healthy is the key.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Camden isn’t very good   I think we scrimmaged them 

They have improved a lot and I think everybody thats played them would agree that the only thing they lack is speed or that one big playmaker on the field. I wouldnt count out Lewis county not saying they would or wouldnt beat CA but I wouldnt count them out.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I believe I read somewhere that Tyner and Whitwell scrimmaged early this season, and Whitwell was outmatched, so I don’t think there is any comparing Whitwell to Tyner.

I mean if both teams played the same opponent, that would give you some what of an idea.  Whitwell beat Signal Mountain by 31.  Tyner beat Signal Mountain by 17.  Not saying Whitwell is 14 points better than Tyner, but having the same opponent can give you an idea about the teams.