AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 17 2018

Southtowner

1 hour ago, BulldawgsRise said:

I think that’s crazy. We’re a top 3 team right now. Definitely not 1, and probably not 2. Peabody is in a class of their own right now and should unanimously hold the 1 spot

Not that I know who is better between Peabody or Meigs, but why do you have them a unanimously over Meigs. Just curious I dont care either way Meigs could be ranked last and with one win season against a region opponent make playoffs. So it's not like any of this matters. Just curious why you think they are being robbed basically of a number 1 ranking.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Not that I know who is better between Peabody or Meigs, but why do you have them a unanimously over Meigs. Just curious I dont care either way Meigs could be ranked last and with one win season against a region opponent make playoffs. So it's not like any of this matters. Just curious why you think they are being robbed basically of a number 1 ranking.

R7 is the best region in the state in 2A. Peabody has been destroying their opponents, including the reigning state champs. They are averaging 52 points per game, and only allowing 8 per game. They haven’t allowed a single point on them at home, and are scoring 60 ppg at home (maybe not against the best competition, but still. Also they put up all 51 points on Halls by halftime). This shows me they have massively improved since last year, and are the clear favorites in the West. I think they are easily the best team in the state with such potent abilities in every aspect of the game. Meigs is great I’m sure, haven’t gotten to see much on them, but I don’t think that they could beat Peabody. I’m saying Peabody is two scores better than anyone else in 2A 

26 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Waverly should be in the top 10. I think they are getting penalized for playing a rough schedule. 

Thanks but it's hard for someone to put a team in there top 10.when we r sitting at 1-3 yes we have played some hard teams but at the same time we have lost . We got really one tough game left behind Riverside. But I think we beat them .  Should go into the playoffs  with 3 losses. 

7 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Just my opinion, but I think most would agree

Your opinion is exactly what I asked for man it's cool. Everything you said abou Peabody could be said about Meigs. We are respectively

33-0 Sweetwater 47-7

42-0 Hixson.        55-14

34-6 Cumberland Gap 40-6

21-0 Sequatchie 35-0

40-7 Rockwood  47-7

That is our halftime scores and finals from memory. We after halftime or very shortly thereafter  have all starters gone and letting JV play. We dont run the score up not intentionally, also not saying anyone does but with a commanding lead we take starters out. Every team we played has been mercy ruled  by 3rd quarter. None of that matters just letting you know we also have similar scores on the East as well. Thanks for your input though man. Was exactly what I was asking for.:thumb: