AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 17 2018

Southtowner

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea thats what I was thinking. Havent heard nothing about or from them but heard they had a lot of talent coming back and they have a really good coach. R7 might want to keep an eye on them!

They are 4-1 only loss to 6a Whitehaven. It’s always a crap shoot with those guys though they don’t always keep the same boys year after year roster changes sometimes and you never know how good the teams are they play 

41 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I dont have a dog in the race but what makes you say that besides just being a CA fan? Lewis has only lost one game correct? Camden is their only loss if Im not mistaken.

I have watched stuff on Lewis along with the other teams in our region. In my opinion they are not as good as last year. But they will definitely improve by the time we play them. But we will improve as well. I don’t see any reason why we wouldn’t beat them like we did last year, especially playing at home. And Lansdell has still yet to lose a region game in his time at CA. I don’t see it starting this year. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

They are 4-1 only loss to 6a Whitehaven. It’s always a crap shoot with those guys though they don’t always keep the same boys year after year roster changes sometimes and you never know how good the teams are they play 

I took a closer look at Fairley last night.  Their opponents win/lost record is 7-17. Fairley has undefeated 6A Memphis Central up next. 

16 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

They don't get the newspaper coverage that we get in addition we don't hear much from the fans on coacht. 

I'm glad we all get the type coverage we do. The newspapers, the rivarly games on television.  The fans and coverage here on CoachT.  Kids need all the positive exposure they can get these days.

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

They could be a Tyner type team. 

I think if they were a tyner  type team they would have beat Mitchell by more than 26-6. I don’t think they kick field goals by looking at the score. Very common in region 8. The more I nose through their scores and info. I don’t think they are as bad as some Memphis teams have been but I don’t think they are great 

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Well,  we know Tyner because we get a good look at them year in and year out. Region 8 teams are hard for me to grasp. 

Region 8 teams are hard to gauge...some of the teams down there are pitiful, and a handful are very good on a yearly basis, with the majority of them varying greatly every two or three seasons due to transferring in and out and coaching changes. There is definitely talent enough to "put together" a solid team in Memphis, if a good coach applies himself.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Region 8 teams are hard to gauge...some of the teams down there are pitiful, and a handful are very good on a yearly basis, with the majority of them varying greatly every two or three seasons due to transferring in and out and coaching changes. There is definitely talent enough to "put together" a solid team in Memphis, if a good coach applies himself.

I agree with this completely. 

17 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I think if they were a tyner  type team they would have beat Mitchell by more than 26-6. I don’t think they kick field goals by looking at the score. Very common in region 8. The more I nose through their scores and info. I don’t think they are as bad as some Memphis teams have been but I don’t think they are great 

I've seen times where the differential scores between some of the Memphis schools didn't add up.  Meaning one team had a huge advantage but for whatever reason it doesn't reflect in the score.