Who would win Alcoa or Greenville

cyclones1

On 9/19/2018 at 11:43 AM, Throwdeslant said:

Greeneville and Alcoa have never won an imaginary football game. I don’t see this one being any different. Nice try tho!:thumb:

But I think Maryville leads the IFL in losses. I say Greeneville and Betsy whip the Rebels this year (and Alcoa did it on a real football field!).

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Wow what happened Greeneville was the best team in the Nation for a while DevilMan. I had completely forgot Maryville even existed. Now I see doubt in Greeneville is even the best team in state. 

Mav. Which team on your schedule would you rate the toughest in the regular season and what was their signature win. Im asking the same question to Devil as well.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:29 AM, BVDevil said:

im glad  these two dont play....otherwise, which two teams would we argue over who the best is? that said, i think everyone knows which team i would give the nod to......Both will tote gold balls back to east tennessee first week in december

Your devils might be a tad bit better off against Alcoa, than your vols against the Gators! Still, your teams would go 0-2.

5 hours ago, Deion24 said:

Your devils might be a tad bit better off against Alcoa, than your vols against the Gators! Still, your teams would go 0-2.

There are a few things I know.Alcoa and Greeneville are very good Tennessee high school teams and we will never know the IFL outcome.As for college, Florida beat the hail out of Tennessee and that was no surprise because Tennessee is as low as it gets in the SEC right now.That said, Florida compared to the top SEC teams also still sucks and they won't win anything either.

Edited by BatmanDevil

32 minutes ago, Domin18 said:

Why don't you just get the Greeneville coach to schedule Alcoa and Maryville next year? I'm sure they both would except...

The talk is Greeneville and Alcoa are playing next year.  We have played Alcoa in 2011 and 2012 so nothing new there.  Greeneville has a lot of respect for both programs and have earned the respect of Alcoa and Maryville. Coach Ballard was on Staff at Maryville with GQ before he took over as head coachand have scrimmaged each other in the past. I think both would Accept but not except....:popcorneater: 

2 hours ago, Domin18 said:

Why don't you just get the Greeneville coach to schedule Alcoa and Maryville next year? I'm sure they both would except...

Alcoa is going to beat most everyone yearly except Maryville and they are one of the few that do that every now and then.The IFL talk is for this year and it is simply because Greeneville has one of those special teams that most schools rarely ever have, including the Devils.All this BS talk to the side and I'm one of the few Devil fans that doesn't sound like I've  already ordered  another gold ball for the trophy case.The reason is I know we have games to play against teams that are also very good and very capable of sending us home in the playoffs.Alcoa is without a doubt some crazy odds of bringing back gold in 3a. I'd say it's a one in 25000 that there is a team who will beat them in the playoffs. I'm sure that would probably be insulting to some Alcoa fans because it's better odds  then other 3a teams really have as long as Alcoa is mostly healthy.

Edited by BatmanDevil