PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Man there has been so many I thought I read about one. It might have been on the Dresden forum. So there may not have been.

I just know peabody still has two good team to play Gibson and TCA. I dont see them getting challenged by anybody else until playoff time and we dont know much about Memphis yet.

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Looks like on paper this is the biggest challenge other than Milan that Peabody will have all season. Curious if this game will even be close. Not sure “how good” either team is. I’d say Peabody should win easily if you compare Dresden and Lake County opponents. But never can tell. I’m going to go with Peabody to win this one and the rest of the regular season, but not sure how Peabody will do in Playoffs. I know they are a good team but looking at opponents I’m not sure if they have played anyone truly challenging. Just comparing from what I have seen.. Peabody struggled with Milan and Milan got smoked by a good Huntingdon team. 

That was 10 days after Baugus was released to play. He still didn’t know the offense btw it was 20 to 12 in the third milan just had a comeback in that game. 

3 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

That was 10 days after Baugus was released to play. He still didn’t know the offense btw it was 20 to 12 in the third milan just had a comeback in that game. 

For the fact some people this will be a game is beyond me... to say they took LC to the wire and beat WC is good and all, but Trenton would wipe the field with both of them teams. Yes it will be a good crowd Friday bc of homecoming, but if anyone wants to see a game go watch something else bc it’s time for Gibson County to get into reality. 

6 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

For the fact some people this will be a game is beyond me... to say they took LC to the wire and beat WC is good and all, but Trenton would wipe the field with both of them teams. Yes it will be a good crowd Friday bc of homecoming, but if anyone wants to see a game go watch something else bc it’s time for Gibson County to get into reality. 

Ik a year changes things but isn’t this kinda the same team that Peabody beat last year 35 to 0?

6 minutes ago, BigBoyGoose said:

Gibson County may be out matched in this game but Gibson county will match the physicality of Peabody on both side of the ball. If GC get some production on the offensive end their defense will compete all 4 quarters. This is the first GC team in a very long time that has this few people playing on both side of the ball.  

No doubt. I’m sure that they will come to play the physical aspect, but it just comes down to is if they can out athlete the tide, and GC isn’t at the that level to do that. I don’t know if Lamberson plays defense or not but he’s their best athlete I think. If GC wants to take that risk of playing him on defense then that may help in the secondary bc I believe the tide will go over the top more than run it between the tackles