PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

24 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

This shows how much you truly know about GC as they haven’t even made a PAT all year lol.  Much less a field goal.  Look.  You guys can get up on your high horse. You won’t see a single GC fan say they are going to win. But I can promise you they won’t just lay down because it’s peabody Like they have in the past.  This group of boys have bought in and have the mentality it takes.  Will they beat Peabody?  Most likely not.  This is the best team in 2A in the state.  But they won’t just set there and take it.  My prediction 42-18 peabody.  

Your prediction was almost the same as mine,but you throw shade,lol, love it!!!!

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

If GC holds Peabody to just 28 points, I’ll eat my hat. Peabody is going to drop 40+ no doubt about it. If Gibson County gave up 36 points to Lake County, I promise Peabody will double that. I’ll say what one poster said in another forum about Peabody, “They have 4A talent at a 2A level”. The Pioneers are off to a great start & I’m so glad to see it but these guys are about to get a dose of reality real quick come Friday night. Peabody is a whole different kind of monster I’m telling you. 

I'm your Huckleberry!! Sure wish I could see these Titans from Trenton take on the Mustangs from Htown!! Somebody has to get this game booked!!  I would love to see these 2 schools play this year or next. I know this isn't happening but man it would be a goodun! Now I don't think Huntingdon has 4A talent but I'm betting they got plenty talent hang with ya'll!

I'd love to see GC hang in this one, and they will for maybe a half. Best thing that could happen to Trenton is that GC pushes you hard enough that you keep your starters in. Playoffs are tough when your only used to playing 2 qrt per game.

8 minutes ago, mustangpop2012 said:

I'm your Huckleberry!! Sure wish I could see these Titans from Trenton take on the Mustangs from Htown!! Somebody has to get this game booked!!  I would love to see these 2 schools play this year or next. I know this isn't happening but man it would be a goodun! Now I don't think Huntingdon has 4A talent but I'm betting they got plenty talent hang with ya'll!

I'd love to see GC hang in this one, and they will for maybe a half. Best thing that could happen to Trenton is that GC pushes you hard enough that you keep your starters in. Playoffs are tough when your only used to playing 2 qrt per game.

Doesn’t get much better than starting off a post with a Tombstone reference. Doc Holliday is one of a kind I’ll say. A Huntingdon & Peabody match up would be one heck of a ball game I’ll say. Everyone would get their money’s worth attending that. I would love to see these 2 teams meet 1st game of the year if they were going to play. 

• Like 1

I have seen GC play several times this year and I've seen Peabody play this year. I don't think that GC will win this game, However from reading these comments if the Peabody team has the same outlook as all the fans in here, this game will be a lot closer than some realize. Peabody will have to work to win this one it will not be easy. Just my opinion!! Still too early for me to post a score prediction though. 

5 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Ok ? So you had no idea the details of our game 

Who cares about details of your game. The Win or Loss defines the game and from the outside looking in the score shows. Regardless of “penalties” of your game. Penalties just show y’all weren’t playing your best. It happens. Don’t get all defensive. Im just stating that based on your scheduled opponents record, Peabody hasn’t had to prove much yet. Y’all won’t be truly tested until playoff time. Y’all will blow most ppl out looking at your schedule. Kind of like Meigs... undefeated and blowing ppl out looks good but when your opponents aren’t very good, what does it say about your team? That your a good team. But are you great? Im not sure. Not knocking Peabody, just stating the obvious. Im actually surprised at how weak this region is this year. I don’t know if it’s injuries or what but seems y’all are the only ones that are consistent.

20 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Who cares about details of your game. The Win or Loss defines the game and from the outside looking in the score shows. Regardless of “penalties” of your game. Penalties just show y’all weren’t playing your best. It happens. Don’t get all defensive. Im just stating that based on your scheduled opponents record, Peabody hasn’t had to prove much yet. Y’all won’t be truly tested until playoff time. Y’all will blow most ppl out looking at your schedule. Kind of like Meigs... undefeated and blowing ppl out looks good but when your opponents aren’t very good, what does it say about your team? That your a good team. But are you great? Im not sure. Not knocking Peabody, just stating the obvious. Im actually surprised at how weak this region is this year. I don’t know if it’s injuries or what but seems y’all are the only ones that are consistent.

This region is full of young teams this year. Last year a lot of teams graduated veteran line-ups. Plus when an injury hits a younger team like most of the teams that was at the top last year won’t be as good 

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

It’s ok I get it. you are waverly fan. 

Edited by Tide21

6 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

It’s ok I get you are waverly fan. 

Ok? I’m just stating the facts my brother. Not knocking. Just truth. Y’all will go 10-0 for sure. I’m just stating that your region isn’t as good as it has been and I’m not sure how the Tide will do against tougher opponents.