PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

Peabody was dominated up front all night long. Peabody got flat out outplayed & out coached. Peabody’s offense looked remedial. I think they’re best playmaker, #7, may have touched the ball only a handful of times. GC schemed well & Peabody just got embarrassed in all aspects of the game. Jacobs has a lot of revaluating to do after this loss. Gibson County has a heck of a team. Very physical & they are fast. I think these two teams may meet up again in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Peabody was dominated up front all night long. Peabody got flat out outplayed & out coached. Peabody’s offense looked remedial. I think they’re best playmaker, #7, may have touched the ball only a handful of times. GC schemed well & Peabody just got embarrassed in all aspects of the game. Jacobs has a lot of revaluating to do after this loss. Gibson County has a heck of a team. Very physical & they are fast. I think these two teams may meet up again in the playoffs. 

Yeah, this game was won at the line.  Next meeting should be interesting.  I appreciate a fan who owns a loss.

I thought maybe we had a chance for gold, but after tonight if we played this way in the playoffs no chance. Line play was not so good tonight, but a lot of credit to GC’s guys they were busting gaps all night and flying around. I could be wrong, but I strongly think GC will win out and take the top seed in this region, and Peabody will finish 2nd... I know all this talk the touchdown that was never called at the end is being said a buncn, but that doesn’t matter... Peabody got out played by a group of young men that wanted to mess up what everyone has thought was the best team around here... all I have to say is the best team will punch the ball in at the end with 4 tries at it. Good luck to the pioneers. Definitely a Cinderella team, but not so Cinderella no more. 

29 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I thought maybe we had a chance for gold, but after tonight if we played this way in the playoffs no chance. Line play was not so good tonight, but a lot of credit to GC’s guys they were busting gaps all night and flying around. I could be wrong, but I strongly think GC will win out and take the top seed in this region, and Peabody will finish 2nd... I know all this talk the touchdown that was never called at the end is being said a buncn, but that doesn’t matter... Peabody got out played by a group of young men that wanted to mess up what everyone has thought was the best team around here... all I have to say is the best team will punch the ball in at the end with 4 tries at it. Good luck to the pioneers. Definitely a Cinderella team, but not so Cinderella no more. 

If you ask me I think tonight's loss was the best thing for Peabody. In my opinion this was equivalent to waverlys loss to CA last season. But luckily for the Tide it came before do or die so they can rebound. I still say Peabody is one of the top contenders and will be even more of a threat from here on. Congrats to GC on a huge upset!

• Upvote 1

Just now, rednecktiger31 said:

If you ask me I think tonight's loss was the best thing for Peabody. In my opinion this was equivalent to waverlys loss to CA last season. But luckily for the Tide it came before do or die so they can rebound. I still say Peabody is one of the top contenders and will be even more of a threat from here on. Congrats to GC on a huge upset!

I should’ve used my words more wisely. Yes we still have a chance, but we need to get our line play more physical than what showed tonight, and to use more north and south runs with a back that 200+ lbs. GC exposed all the tides weakness. The number 1 weakness is if you take halbrook out of the game you’ve increased your percentage of winning at a higher level and that’s what I thought tonight. No excuses from me.. GC laid a can open on us tonight.. the scoreboard was just a little closer than what it showed 

I just saw that Peabody didn’t want to play tonight. We were too worried about other things and didn’t play like we should have. Also to worried that we would hurt others feelings. After the Dresden game we seemed rude because the coach didn’t want fights started and this week on our homecoming we bend over backwards to appease others when it is our field and our town. Kids on the team not finishing plays let alone tackles and coaches calling the same plays over and over. I knew what the four final plays where sitting in the stands.... maybe tonight woke the team up.... that Gold ball isn’t going to be given to them.