PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Haha good one. I should’ve worded it better. There’s always a population of people that are just sore losers. 

I assume you are talking about the 07 playoff game. I don’t the reason they did that but I will give my 2 cents. I have been a school administrator. I can remember working a basketball tournament where two rivals were playing in the championship game. Very hgood aged rivalry. The game was decided on a last second shot at the buzzer. Lots of crazy fans acting very inappropriately. I got both teams in the locker rooms as quick as I could and cut out the light. I had the police get the fans out as quickly as possible. Turned out to be the right call. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GCPioneerFan said:

No worries here Goldenpride.  Like i said earlier 4000 people live in Trenton and you have about 25 village idiots that cannot cannot accept getting their butts sand papered.  Earlier this week it was all fun bashing their opponent, talking trash and bragging about how they were going to stomp GC ..........until they lost.  Actually i think it is hilarious.   The sad part is they are making fools out of themselves and the fan base of Trenton.  

They have set this team and coaching staff on a pedestal and expect blowouts. Now they cannot accept defeat with out blaming the wet ground, the refs, coaches  and not wanting to hurt anyone feelings etc, Get a grip Trenton.  14-18 year old kids will let you down in sports sometimes....it happens.....geeee.  You have a good staff and very good players, shut up and move on.....dang.  Its about these kids not you.  

You guys remind me of the liberal media spreading fake news, complaining and wanting to protest.....lol.  Peabody is a very good team, the boys will recover and i think they will make a very good run but I'm not so sure about some of your fan base. 

Don't take this wrong what I am about to say.  GC was the better team last night and they were prepared.   The bottom line is you guys were exposed in a couple areas.  The D and O lines are big,  but slower than what i was expecting from all the hype of earlier post. I didn't see 4.4 speed anywhere on the field.  Actually, Rico ran 70 yards for a TD with 3 defenders 3-5 yards behind him. BTW,  He is not the fastest guy on our team.   I could be wrong but your QB was the only one that got outside on us and gained significant yards.  Your QB is VERY athletic and gained some yards on us.  I think he was rushed, sacked and hit hard a few times and his passing accuracy declined causing a couple interceptions.  Your running back is a hoss. Good linebacker play.   The goal line stand was a slug fest.  Eight plays from the 11 or 12 yard line, 4th quarter, clock running down........classic.  Bottom line is.....you got to finish.  

There is no doubt in my mind your coaches will have this corrected before the next game.  I think you guys will be dangerous now.  Good luck to you guys the rest of the way out.  

I don’t think anybody could’ve said it any better 

I don’t have a dog in this race & my team obviously has issues of their own to work out but I do have mutual friends from both GC & Trenton & I will say this. Trenton may be posting on social media about how they should have won & the bad calls but GC fans have also been posting like they just won the state championship by beating Peabody. Storming the field & all the little hashtags being used on social media is a little much for a regular season game. I’ve never seen so many GC posters on Coach T unless it was pertaining to girls basketball. Congrats to GC on the win & good luck the rest of the season. That being said, I think this was a good wake up call for Peabody & if they were to meet up with GC again, Trenton wins by 30+. 

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

I see a lot of people saying next time. Friday night proved there’s nothing guaranteed especially playoffs and to continue on. 

McKenzie 2017....

Peabody did the same thing took a team lightly, got beat and then beat two teams that was considered by many better than the young team we had. Trenton always looses focus for a game or two but when playoffs come around it’s a different story. Trenton should have beat UC last year in the playoffs just had some mistakes they couldn’t come back from.

This year I see them differently than I did last year. Homecoming was in their mind they probably only had one practice this week because of all the rain. GC practiced in their indoor facilities and plan and simple the team that was more mentally ready won that game. We didn’t use any special plays like we saw against Union City. We had the plays that you see them run against Humboldt and BTW.

I will say this I see GC loosing to UC next week because they are so focused on what happened and the fact Peabody beat UC and they should too. I think UC wins 14 to 12. Just saying 

On 9/29/2018 at 9:01 AM, westtnsportsfan said:

So......   your coach and players get beat by Gibson County (rival from 6 miles down the road) because they didn’t want to hurt any feelings???   Since when do these 2 schools care about feelings?  This may be the craziest excuse I’ve ever seen.   

First no excuses that’s just what it is we let them have our field on Homecoming for goodness sake. Their band played and told all of them to come to the home side after they had won the game. We were too worried because the week before against Dresden. I was going to stay until that happened. I left because all the pride of homecoming left when we surrendered our field to them to treat it as their own. That’s ridiculous. 

But....

They do that because they change the type of plays they use for the teams they play. 

Peabody went easy last year and didn’t run up the score. This year they were going I do the same but GC came ready to play and nothing was working Peabody had practiced. 

Edited by PHSRollTide

2 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

They do that because they change the type of plays they use for the teams they play. 

Peabody went easy last year and didn’t run up the score. This year they were going I do the same but GC came ready to play and nothing was working Peabody had practiced. 

So you are saying Peabody practiced plays to make drawn out drives in order to slow the scoring in order not to embarrass their opponent? I mean isn't that what JV is for?

6 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

So you are saying Peabody practiced plays to make drawn out drives in order to slow the scoring in order not to embarrass their opponent? I mean isn't that what JV is for?

Normally that’s what happens they hit 35 to 42 and they coast. Mostly starters are sitting after 35 points to 42. And they continue to slow the game pace until the end. 

I go to all the games and this is what I have saw 

Milan and UC game you have around 15 passes in the game or more. Dresden, Humboldt and halls you can add them together and get about 20 passes in all three games.

Edited by PHSRollTide

3 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Normally that’s what happens they hit 35 to 42 and they coast. Mostly starters are sitting after 35 points to 42. And they continue to slow the game pace until the end. 

Milan and UC game you have around 15 passes in the game or more. Dresden, Humboldt and halls you can add them together and get about 20 passes in all three games.

I highly doubt for a region game against a 1 loss opponent that strategy was implemented. And if it was no offense, but the loss would be accountable to that coaching mentality. Region games are important not only for the team but the fans. And for the fans I mean you get yourself a better cheering crowd at home. Not everyone can attend an away game that can come to a home game. I'm one of those people. Most Saturdays I have to work and get up at 4 am. If our game is 2 hours away I just cant do it. Not to mention the toll the ride takes on the players.

Edited by Imthayeti