Greeneville vs Elizabethton

BVDevil

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

For some strange reason, I really enjoyed watching you on that riding lawnmower on the You Tube. 

I just seen BVD pushing a mower with the film in fast forward.I think it's just human nature to wonder what is going to happen next when you see something like that.I expected BVD to lay down and in super fast motion the sun go down and stars start to shine before he got back up.

• Like 1

Final thoughts/predictions:

Elizabethton Offense: the Cyclones will try to spread Greeneville out with 4-5 WR sets, run tempo and no-huddle, and try to possess the ball with short/quick passing game, and take a lot of deep shots to pick up chunk plays and try to steal a quick score.  Of course, Russell will get his carries, but i think Elizabethton knows they cant run consistently on Greeneville but they need to keep the ball out of Greeneville's hands- the short passing game is their best chance to do that.

Greeneville Defense: in my opinion, Greeneville needs to play coverage and see if they can get pressure with the front 4.  I don't think Greeneville will take a lot of chances on defense or play press man because giving up the big play is the only way Elizabethton has a chance to keep up in this one.  I dont think the Cyclones can consistently move the ball up and down the field, so the Devils will try to keep everything in front of them and i wouldnt be surprised if we see some 2 safety looks.  Even in zone, Greeneville needs to play tighter than 7-8 yards because the Cyclones love the quick outs and 5 yard hitches.

Greeneville Offense: I don't think there will be any surprises here.  I think Greeneville will establish the running game early and utilize the quick screens and bubbles to keep Eliz. honest and prevent them from keeping 7-8 guys in the box.  I look for more running from Ballard and the running backs in this one, as Greeneville will look to choke the Cyclones out.  Of course, Greeneville will take their shot plays but i think Greeneville will look for methodical drives to impose their will up front on Eliz. 

Elizabethon Defense: I don't think the Cyclones can simply line up in base fronts and coverage and have a chance.  I think they have to take chances with stunts, blitzes and man coverage and try to create negative plays for Greeneville and create turnovers to have a chance in this game.  Of course, that is a risky move with the playmakers Greenville has but i think the Cyclones will let it all hang out on defense from a scheme standpoint.  Of course, the quick passing game from Greeneville is the ultimate equalizer to the exotic defensive schemes, and that makes it tough.  A big key in the game will be how well the Cyclones DBs get off blocks on the perimeter and tackle in space in one on one matchups.  If they can hold up against the screen and bubble passes, the Cyclones can keep some extra guys in the box and help in the run game. 

Prediction: Greeneville has too many horses on offense and Elizabethton can't keep up unless Greeneville turns it over 3+ times.  I think Greeneville comes out conservative to get a feel for what the Cyclones are trying to do but pulls away in the 2nd half.

49-13 Devils.    

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Final thoughts/predictions:

Elizabethton Offense: the Cyclones will try to spread Greeneville out with 4-5 WR sets, run tempo and no-huddle, and try to possess the ball with short/quick passing game, and take a lot of deep shots to pick up chunk plays and try to steal a quick score.  Of course, Russell will get his carries, but i think Elizabethton knows they cant run consistently on Greeneville but they need to keep the ball out of Greeneville's hands- the short passing game is their best chance to do that.

Greeneville Defense: in my opinion, Greeneville needs to play coverage and see if they can get pressure with the front 4.  I don't think Greeneville will take a lot of chances on defense or play press man because giving up the big play is the only way Elizabethton has a chance to keep up in this one.  I dont think the Cyclones can consistently move the ball up and down the field, so the Devils will try to keep everything in front of them and i wouldnt be surprised if we see some 2 safety looks.  Even in zone, Greeneville needs to play tighter than 7-8 yards because the Cyclones love the quick outs and 5 yard hitches.

Greeneville Offense: I don't think there will be any surprises here.  I think Greeneville will establish the running game early and utilize the quick screens and bubbles to keep Eliz. honest and prevent them from keeping 7-8 guys in the box.  I look for more running from Ballard and the running backs in this one, as Greeneville will look to choke the Cyclones out.  Of course, Greeneville will take their shot plays but i think Greeneville will look for methodical drives to impose their will up front on Eliz. 

Elizabethon Defense: I don't think the Cyclones can simply line up in base fronts and coverage and have a chance.  I think they have to take chances with stunts, blitzes and man coverage and try to create negative plays for Greeneville and create turnovers to have a chance in this game.  Of course, that is a risky move with the playmakers Greenville has but i think the Cyclones will let it all hang out on defense from a scheme standpoint.  Of course, the quick passing game from Greeneville is the ultimate equalizer to the exotic defensive schemes, and that makes it tough.  A big key in the game will be how well the Cyclones DBs get off blocks on the perimeter and tackle in space in one on one matchups.  If they can hold up against the screen and bubble passes, the Cyclones can keep some extra guys in the box and help in the run game. 

Prediction: Greeneville has too many horses on offense and Elizabethton can't keep up unless Greeneville turns it over 3+ times.  I think Greeneville comes out conservative to get a feel for what the Cyclones are trying to do but pulls away in the 2nd half.

49-13 Devils.    

Pretty awesome assessment, I'd take anything close to that score but I'm just not that confident yet. Until it's a done deal in the Playoffs,I won't take Betsy as an easy win for the Devils.