AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 24 2018

Southtowner

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I would myself put them in front of a few teams in top 10. Because in the next few weeks we will see if Peabody was over rated and played a seriously injured understaffed Union City team. Or Gibson is legit contender if they beat a healthy Union City team. I'm curious as it sits right now Peabody is obviously touchable. Who is the new West Favorite. From the East looking in I'd say Waverly or Gibson... if Gibson beats U.C.

The thing the AP can bring to the table is the human side of a football story.  Gibson County has struggled.   Put them in there.  Might give them boys something else to grab a hold of.  Who knows?

Yeti's top 10

1 Watertown

2 Meigs Co.

3 Columbia Academy

4 Tyner

5 Waverly

6 Trousdale Co.

7 Gibson

8 Peabody

9 Riverside

10 Fairley

Others Recieving votes

Union City (3)

Lewis Co. (2)

Eagleville (1)

That would be my assessment of what we have so far. Go ahead and tell me why I'm wrong folks. I can take it.

24 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I would myself put them in front of a few teams in top 10. Because in the next few weeks we will see if Peabody was over rated and played a seriously injured understaffed Union City team. Or Gibson is legit contender if they beat a healthy Union City team. I'm curious as it sits right now Peabody is obviously touchable. Who is the new West Favorite. From the East looking in I'd say Waverly or Gibson... if Gibson beats U.C.

I hate to say it but I think peabody was over rated. Look at the wins of the people they have beat besides UC. Gibson is a good team. Dont try to figure out R7 its impossible!

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeti's top 10

1 Watertown

2 Meigs Co.

3 Columbia Academy

4 Tyner

5 Waverly

6 Trousdale Co.

7 Gibson

8 Peabody

9 Riverside

10 Fairley

Others Recieving votes

Union City (3)

Lewis Co. (2)

Eagleville (1)

That would be my assessment of what we have so far. Go ahead and tell me why I'm wrong folks. I can take it.

You have no argument from me!!

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeti's top 10

1 Watertown

2 Meigs Co.

3 Columbia Academy

4 Tyner

5 Waverly

6 Trousdale Co.

7 Gibson

8 Peabody

9 Riverside

10 Fairley

Others Recieving votes

Union City (3)

Lewis Co. (2)

Eagleville (1)

Riverside is better overall than Gibson in my opinion!

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Riverside is better overall than Gibson in my opinion!

Because they gave Waverly a good run for their money? Only asking... Gibson if they hadn't lost to Lake County should be overall #1. Gibson beat #1 Peabody, Riverside played Waverly close till about half then lost convincingly. Would only change my vote for Gibson if they lost to U.C.

Edited by Imthayeti

9 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeti's top 10

1 Watertown

2 Meigs Co.

3 Columbia Academy

4 Tyner

5 Waverly

6 Trousdale Co.

7 Gibson

8 Peabody

9 Riverside

10 Fairley

Others Recieving votes

Union City (3)

Lewis Co. (2)

Eagleville (1)

And I bet you that Fairley team is better than that #10 just saying! Columbia Academy hasnt played anybody worth a hoot either!

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Because they gave Waverly a good run for their money? Only asking... Gibson if they hadn't lost to Lake County should be overall #1. Gibson beat #1 Peabody, Riverside played Waverly close till about half then lost convincingly. Would only change my vote for Gibson if they lost to U.C.

Waverly has seen both teams my friend!

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

And I bet you that Fairley team is better than that #10 just saying! Columbia Academy hasnt played anybody worth a hoot either!

Just might be. Meigs hasn't either really about 1 game worth mentioning. But was a convincing win 35 - 0.

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I hate to say it but I think peabody was over rated. Look at the wins of the people they have beat besides UC. Gibson is a good team. Dont try to figure out R7 its impossible!

I don't think Peabody was over rated. Their as talented as anyone in 2a. Main problem was everybody talking how the Tide was 2 or 3 touchdowns better than the nearest competition. You keep hearing that crap and you lose your edge. Same thing happened to my Mustangs last season. Your lucky it happened to you in the regular season rather than the play-offs like it happened to Huntingdon.

• Upvote 1